Chapter 5: In Dreams

It was mid-day when everyone woke up. You could no longer close your eyes as boredom fought with your laziness to stay put and rest. Kaneko was already out and about, probably chasing her next meal or helping April with something.

Like everything else that was put to a halt Kaneko had been keeping herself busy without your training. She didn't even ask if she could still learn, feeling you weren't ready to teach yet. So all she could do now was wait patiently for you to feel better.

Sighing, you enjoy the peaceful time to have thoughts with yourself. Testing it you spoke up.

"Are you awake in there?..........." You smiled when there was no response from the demon. Must have been asleep herself if she hasn't retorted something back to you. You rested your cheek against the soft pillow April had made for you, it's texture made it feel like you were sinking.

Boy did sleeping in the whole day sound good right now but the pecking of a beak bothered you. You growled under the sheets and startled the chicken. It turned its head to see the movement of the blankets, curiose as to what it was but then shrieked as your head appeared with menacing eyes. "I hate being woken." You snarled and in turn it ran away from you, jumping down the haystacks and to the ground. Finally getting up from the soft makeshift bed and stretching out your limbs like a cat. You got to work cleaning things in the barn, Aka the lab.

It was only a few hours until you hear grunting outside and the familiar sounds of blades cutting the air. Automatically you went outside to watch.

Three brothers total were fighting it out under the tree. Raph and Mikey were conversing while sparring. "So is Donnie coming down or what?" Raph asks, dodging ninja stars throw at him.

"I couldn't wake him up, so I put some dirty underwear on his face." Mikey laughed, chasing after him, and almost got distracted by Raph but he still dodged. Raph halts what he's doing, seeing Leonardo practice his katas with his eyes shut.

He wasn't the only one watching. Your finger twitched, wanting to approach a calm and ready Leo but Raph beat you to it. Jumping in with velocity he clashed weapons with a meditating Leo, and he guarded perfectly. He takes a kick to the chest from Raph but continues the fight by swinging Raph over him by the sword, and onto the ground.

"Nice." Raph compliments with a grin. "Looking good, Leo. You're really coming along."

Leo smiles, sheathing his sword.

"Hey, guys?" April calls out to the three. "We're heading down to the store."

"Any requests?" Casey asks, peaking out the driver's window.

"Ooh, ooh, ooh!" Mikey raises his hand. "I need some spicy gummy worms," He gets on his knees raising both arms up, "Need!" He exclaims. Kaneko tilts her head to the side in confusion.

"Yeah, he's not gonna have that." Casey refutes while Raph agreed with a nod.

"That store is tiny, Mikey," Arpi starts. "It's the kind of place that has peanut butter or jelly." She gets in the van.

Kaneko rushes over to Mikey and hugs him. "I'll get you candy big brother."

"Really?" Mikey whispers, cupping his hand so no one can hear, earning a small glare from Leo who was right next to him.

"Of course. You're my favorite."

"I'm sorry, what?" Raph scoffs, sounding offended. "I thought I was your favorite?"

"She never said that. But I'm sure she said that about me." Leo smiles, crossing his arms proudly. "Right, Kaneko?" She smiles with her eyes closed, not moving or reacting to his words. "R-right Kaneko?" Leo stutters as she continued smiling then walked away, leaving him unanswered.