49. The Ghost

The Ghost's POV

I left her to hang there for a while, but it wasn't enough. I need her to suffer, to lose her mind over the betrayal.

I pace back and forth in the camera room listening to her start random songs and then not finish them. Growing tired of the noises escaping her face hole, I slam my hand on the mute button, almost breaking it. Disgusted with the way she's handling it so easily, I start planning.

I need her to lose her mind, so what's the best way to do that? It took me several hours of mulling through the ideas to figure out that she should be shoved into a tiny soundproof box and let her stew for a few hours.

So that's what I did. I grabbed the smallest box I could find and shoved her into it. She couldn't hear anything but the sound of her blood rushing through her veins and the beating of her heart. I would have left her there the entire day, but I'm a busy woman, I have very limited time to torture her.

When I let Ashley out, the whimpers at even the smallest sounds sparked an unrelenting sense of pride in my ingenuity and evilness. Hanging her on the wall again, I grabbed a pair of needles and shoved them into her armpits. I enjoyed the shrieks of pain that escaped her mouth and reveled in the feeling of power.

Then I took a knife and started peeling pieces of her skin from her arms and then her legs. The higher I got the louder her screams were and they just empowered me more.

Grabbing a large metal pot, I put it right under a rigging that will lower her into it slowly. Then I strap her into the rigging and fill the pot with acid from a hose. (I torture people a lot so it's easier to have a pump delivering it to each cell. Also I love the look of horror when the prisoners realize it's not water.) Then I let the rigging do its job, lowering her into the pot until her entire legs have been dissolved.

Eventually I left. She still had six needles in her which had been rusted over and her stumps were just above the acid.

Ashley's POV

She thought she broke me, I smirk as the door shuts behind her. Honestly she might have if she'd just left me in that box a little longer, but she's rushing it. Something is going wrong for her, I bet one of her siblings is dead.

No that's not it, she would be savoring my torture if they had. I keep mulling it over when it dawns on me: she's leaving.

She does this every time she's about to leave, rushing to tie up the loose ends and make sure no trace of her is left. Now I'm one of those loose ends, so she's going to kill me in a day or two... Shit.

I was hoping I could save her before she killed me, but now... now no one else is left to save her. The only people who could do it are about to be left behind for good because when she leaves, no one can find her.

Jasmine's POV

G still hasn't shown up to the hospital. Mark and Rosie have been asking where she is since they woke up. We haven't seen her since she walked out of the base covered in blood carrying Ashley, the fucking bitch.

I'm glad that G's actually taking care of Ashley, but I'm worried about the look that was on her face. She was completely blank without even a stray emotion running through her eyes.

I glance towards Paris who's been keeping watch on Galaxy, trying to figure out how worried I should be, but I couldn't tell how badly because she had a mask of calmness in front of the others. Any time someone asked where G was we just shrugged saying that she's a busy woman, but that excuse won't work anymore. She should have come by now.

We are all sitting in their hospital room distracting the siblings gathered from waiting for the news the doctor is supposed to bring later. But when I see my chance, I pull Paris out to discuss what's going on.