"Would you like to explain the situation, Duke Jackson? Why one of your knights attacked Lady Kelli Chase?" She sneered.

"Perhaps it was because he had orders to." Another man piped up.

Percy smiled inwardly. So that was indeed their plan. They didn't mention him by name but insinuated that it was under his command that supposedly orchestrated the attack.

"It is possible. After all, who doesn't know that poor Miss Chase caused the ire of Duke Jackson when she spilled wine on him during the winter ball?" Marquis Ares added.

"How disappointing. I didn't think that Duke Jackson would exert his power to cruelly treat a poor, defenseless woman."

The murmurs of disgust rippled through the room.

"Quiet," Crown Princess Thalia halted the room. "We shall see what is the truth soon enough. Before then, I would like to remind you that we are here for an inquisition to gather facts about the case, not for a trial that Duke Perseus Jackson has assaulted a woman."

"That is correct, Your Highness. I would like to remind everyone to remember their words when it has been revealed that my reputation was slandered."

Percy made sure to meet the eyes of every person who had spoken venom just earlier. A few of the weaker ones shifted their gaze while others threw disgusting gazes back.

"Yes, evidence does not lie."

The head investigator for the assault case presented a tattered piece of cloth for the audience to see. The insignia of the Black Knights Order was clear to see.

"It was reported that a man in dark clothing was found standing over Lady Kelli Chase. He was in the midst of raising a club when he was discovered, causing him to flee into alleyways. In the direction that he fled in, this piece of Black Knights Order uniform was discovered. It looked to have been torn off when the attacker went over a wall."

The head investigator showed the piece of uniform to Percy. "Your Grace, does this uniform look to be from an authentic Black Knights Order uniform?"

Percy quickly inspected the cloth. "Yes, it is our uniform."

"Aha! So you admit it," the middle aged woman who had spoken clicked her tongue in satisfaction.

"Not so fast," Percy refuted.

He had the head investigator flip the cloth over to the other side. On the back side of the embroidered insignia were a set of serial numbers, which Percy pointed out to the inquisition members.

"See these serial numbers? Every uniform will have one to keep track of which one is authentic or not. No uniform will have the same serial number." He explained.

Count Luke Castellan nodded. "This is the same from the White Knights Order. What is the point of this, Duke Jackson? It only serves to prove that the uniform is real since it is not known to the public that the Knights Order uniforms have serial numbers inside of the jacket."

Percy grinned. "An excellent question, Count Castellan. What is the point of this, indeed. What is different from the Black Knights Order uniform than that of the White Knights Order is that once a knight is inducted into the Black Knights Order, their uniform will have their name embroidered into the jacket underneath the serial number. It is something that our knights do as it is a great honor to be a knight serving Cuora. They are not merely numbers, but someone who has shown great talent and skill to prove themselves as a Black Knight."

Several knights stepped forward and showed that their uniforms had their names embroidered.

Marquis Ares scoffed. "A trivial point."