Chapter 40

A/N: I own nothing. Enjoy! That chapter is smoking hot c: Habanero spicy, one might say. It's NSFW so please read at your own risk.

***********************

Oh my, Annabeth thought. Perhaps her plan had worked a little too well. With Percy half kneeling, half lying over her, she could feel a characteristic bulge growing and pressing onto her lower stomach.

But her body tingled with excitement. It had been much too long since the Cuoran winter ball for the couple to have more than a few chaste kisses during moments of intimacy. There was also a sense of urgency growing, as if any day could be their last. She would be lying if she said that she wasn't worried about what the future held. Every moment spent with Percy seemed more precious than the last.

With that in mind, Annabeth pulled Percy's lips down to hers once more. They moved hastily over hers, sending her mind into a feverish state until all she could think of was the man in her arms. Teasingly, he gently nibbled her bottom lip, causing her to gasp. His tongue slipped into her mouth at the opportunity, an invitation to dance with him. Neither thought to dominate the other, but to enjoy the other's company in a writhing dance.

Finally breaking apart for air as she had almost forgotten to breathe, Annabeth caught the seductive expression on Percy's face. He smiled down at her while she placed a hand on his cheek. He was warm underneath her touch, informing her that this was no dream.

If only she had met him first, Annabeth thought. Then, she might have married Percy instead of suffering though her marriage with Luke. Now, she was grateful that she had somehow received a second chance.

"What are you thinking about, Annabeth? I must not be doing a good job if you're thinking about something else," Percy joked.

"I was thinking of how much I love you."

It was so true that it almost hurt her heart. Though she had confessed it before, she wanted to say those words over and over again.

Percy widened his eyes at her honest words. While he didn't blush as much easily as she did, the tips of his ears were reddening.

"I love you, too" he said affectionately.

Percy turned his head to lay a kiss at her palm. Annabeth grinned back, letting him do as he liked, playing with her hand. It was comfortable to cuddle with each other like this, especially not being able to see him so much these past couple weeks.

The mood that had turned to sweet slowly turned back to heated again. Still playing with her hand at his cheek, Percy met Annabeth's gaze as he lightly kissed every single finger. His lips brushed against her sensitive palm before moving to her wrist. There, he placed a kiss as well, before biting and sucking at the tender skin.

Annabeth watched breathlessly as his lips then trailed down the length of her arm before reaching the thin strap of her nightgown at her shoulders. His lips simply lifted over the barrier before continuing onto the other side of the strap with a soft rain of kisses on her shoulder and neck. She laced her hands in his hair, ruffling through the dark strands. He smelled wonderfully, unlike some of the other men she'd encountered who constantly smelled like hard alcohol and heavy cigar smoke.

Slowly but surely, a low heat in her abdomen was growing. Her toes crinkled as she wanted to press her thighs together to relieve some of the heat. But one of Percy's legs were between her thighs, and she ended up grinding on his thigh instead. The relief was better this way as she teasingly lifted her hips up to bump lightly against his bulge.

Growling in return, Percy bit down on her neck harder than usual in revenge. A whimper escaped her mouth at the slight bit of pain before his tongue soothed the hurt away. She knew that it was going to leave a mark, but she couldn't bring herself to complain. Tonight, she wanted to receive all of his love.