"Yes, yes of course I do." I matched his low voice that was at the brink of a whisper, trying to speak as soothingly as I could.

"At that time in my life I thought that there was no antidote for what I was feeling back then." He spoke, finding his strength again but keeping his focus out over the water. I just kept watching him softly.

"I remember." And I really did, I had been the one asking that question in between drinks on a night out. Back then, we barely knew each other. The memory felt so distant I swear it was lifetimes ago.

"But... I found it." He added on after a short moment.

"You did?" I replied low, not being able to hide my delighted smile at this new information, I waited a second before I continued, "Well, what is it then?" I asked sweetly.

He looked back at me with a small warm smile, tracing my face with a hypnotising gaze and ending it to settle in my eyes before he answered.

"Love."

Forty five minutes later, we had all jumped into two different cars. Clare still refused to tell us what we were doing. But as we now stood in front of the shop, looking up at the sign swaying above the entrance, we all stopped and stared at it.

"This is all bullshit." Adam scoffed into the processing silence with a taunting laugh. Sarah was quick to hit him over his chest for him to shut up, not wanting him to hurt Clare's feelings although we all knew Adam didn't mean it towards her. I guess he wasn't that positive and open minded and believing in all of the cosmic mysteries, or just being very superstitious. If I had to guess, it was the first option that caused that reaction from him.

I looked back up to the sign, reading "The karmic revelation - your professional tarot reader."

"You better open your crown chakra." Mitch spoke back to Adam with a scoff, and it immediately caused me to look back at him and the group.

After a moment of shocked silence, Harry bursted out into a childish cackle at Mitch's shading comeback while the rest of us laughed, his comment being so unexpected.

"Mitch the witch." Harry giggled, teasing him lovingly.

Clare took the lead and walked inside. What we were met with was shelfs with all kinds of different crystals, sage, and a few decks to pick from. All of it seemed to be for sale and I actually contemplated picking a few crystals with me when we left. Clare stopped by the counter, ringing the bell since the first part of the store was empty. From behind the navy blue velvet curtain at the back of the store, a woman peeked out her head.

"Clare?" She asked and Clare nodded with a smile, "Yes, that's me."

The woman stepped out from behind the curtain. I almost laughed when I got a good look at her. She looked ridiculously much like Phoebe Buffay from Friends with her long blonde hair, her long maroon coloured skirt matched with a white tee and a brown vintage vest over it. On her fingers she wore even more rings than Harry. She was a vibe, and I immediately loved her.

"Welcome, are we all excited?" She asked at the brink of a high pitch.

Clare looked back at us, reading our attitude and wanting us to answer. Not sure how to answer since we were all still a bit shocked, we looked back at Clare for a second.

"You better not see death." Grimmy spoke with a hint of harmful sass.

"Oh believe me, I'm pretty sure the world hasn't had enough of you yet." I teased back and Grimmy's jaw dropped at my sassiness in return.

The woman laughed before waving for us to follow her back behind the curtains again. Since it was at the back, the room was dark with only a few warm lights. It wasn't big, the rounded dark wooden table took up most of the space. There were ten seats around it and she urged us to sit down and we all did with a few nervous giggles.