Nandini- Now allow us, we shall take your leave.

Ashi- Nandini the driver can drop you if you want.

Ashi said acting clueless about the fact that she was well aware of. Manik gave her an 'I am impressed look'. He was surely impressed of her acting and presence of mind as not questioning Nandini could have made her question the situation.

Manik- it's okay, I will be dropping her. It's quite late so

Meera- that's good, no need to explain.

Nandini went towards Sanket and shook hands with him. She bent towards him and whispered in his ears,

Nandini- tell Meera about Aashna before it gets too late.

He smiled and nodded.

Sanket- you too think about what I said.

Nandini passed him a soft smile. With this, Nandini and Manik headed back to their home.

The drive was silent. Nandini got down as they reached and waited for Manik, outside the door, to return after parking the car. Manik came back and smiled looking at her waiting for him. They entered together. Manik broke the silence,

Manik- the house seems lonely without Aadhya.

Nandini- Undoubtedly. The presence of our sunshine makes this structure a home, our heaven.

Manik smiled listening to her. Nandini's phone rang breaking their conversation. Her screen displayed the name, Navya. Manik went to the room to give her some space to talk freely.

Nandini- Hi Navya.

Navya- How are you?

Concern was dripping from her voice. Navya was adamant to postpone her work as she didn't want to leave Nandini alone at the time when she actually needed her best friend the most but it was Nandini who had told her to go and complete her work.

Nandini- I am confused

Nandini told her honestly. She knew she could share all her feelings with Navya without thinking twice about it.

Navya- what does that mean?

Nandini narrated her all the events that had taken place recently, Mr. Mehta's proposal, Manik saying yes to marry Meera and the get together she had just returned from.

Navya- Nandini tell me honestly, do you feel that something is wrong?

Nandini closed her eyes and inhaled a deep breath.

Nandini- Yes, something is hurting me in the worst way possible.

Navya- then what are you waiting for, go and tell him.

Nandini- Navya, stop rushing and listen to me first.

Navya- ok sorry, speak!

Nandini- just suppose, I walk up to him right away and tell him that I still love him, then what next. What will happen after that? Again the same things. Navya, begging for someone's trust, that too of someone whom you are ready to give up anything for, is the worst. It kills you. And that is what our relation has given us. I am not overlooking the good memories but what about the trust that he lacks in me.

Nandini paused. Navya said nothing, understanding that Nandini needed this time. After a minute, Nandini resumed,

Nandini- Navya, I can't live with him

Navya- But

Nandini- I can't live without him as well. This heart always betrays me, it doesn't know how to beat without him.

Nandini stopped for a moment and inhaled a sharp breath. A single drop of tear rolled down her cheek and fell on her palm which was placed on her lap.

Nandini- I can't see him with someone else because I still love him, and no matter what I will continue to do that. I think he is in my system, Main kitni bhi koshish karlu, I can't purge him, I can't stop thinking about him, I can't stop loving him, I just can't.

She chuckled bitterly.

Nandini- and that is the whole problem. Pyaar ne na sab bigad diya.

Nandini didn't know when that single drop had turned into a whole flood of tears.

Navya- Nandini

Nandini continued,

Nandini- yes, I love him but unfortunately, A relationship can't succeed if it's only based on love. That day, he didn't trust me and today I find it hard to trust him when he says that he trusts me. I know he loves me, jaanti hoon main kyonki uska pyaar mehsoos hota hai mujhe par jaha par bharosa nahi hai na waha koi rishta nahi jude reh sakta.

Navya- then don't forgive him. Kisne kaha ki use uski galti ke liye maafi dedo?

Nandini- Matlab

Navya- I am not asking you to give him your forgiveness, I am just telling you to give him a chance, a chance to win your trust and forgiveness. I know he has told you multiple times that he still loves you and he trusts you too but you turned a deaf ear towards his pleadings. I am not saying that you are at fault because after what all happened , I know that it won't be easy for you to give him a chance par uske bina toh woh jo chahe karle he won't be able to prove that he deserves your trust. Give it a thought Nandini. Maafi mat do par ek mauka toh do maafi haasil karne ka.

Nandini hummed.

Navya- now go and sleep. Think about all this tomorrow and don't stress yourself. I love you!

Nandini- Thank you Navya! I feel much lighter.

Navya- Good Night!

Nandini- Good Night and listen (pauses)...Maine stress mein teri chocolate khaali but I love you.

Saying this Nandini hurriedly disconnected the call and both of them smiled whole heartedly.

She went inside the room and found Manik already asleep. She took a deep breath and uttered,

Nandini- I know what to do next!

●●●●●●●●

Hey!

How was the update?

What do you think will be Nandini's next action?

Your thoughts about the overall chapter?

Your favourite moment?

Your favourite character apart from our leads?

Any particular advice that you would like to give to any character?

DON'T FORGET TO HIT THE STAR BUTTON AND LEAVE YOUR PRECIOUS COMMENTS!

Stay tuned;-)

Thank you,

Inaayat