Chapter 50.2 : Inner Circle's Réunion - II

Start from the beginning

"about 8 weeks" Jisoo admitted with a shy smile as she glanced at the tiny bump on her flat and tiny stomach.

The other three simultaneously released their "oh my goodness" before hugging their friend in a tight warm embrace.

The males were all congratulating Seokjin, both for his birthday but as well as for his unborn child.

"I'm betting my money that its a boy" Jeongguk says, lightly punching Seokjin's arms.

"With Jisoo's sweetness at the moment and her lack of crankiness today, I think its a girl" Taehyung responds back.

"what do you prefer it to be, hyung?" was what Jimin said as he held onto their oldest' shoulders.

"I'm alright with anything. May it be a girl or a boy, all that it matters is that they're my children with her and her only." Seokjin says before drinking wine.

His words had earned groans and laughter from his other friends, the three asking "when did you become so cheesy".

"But you have more to say about the gender, don't you." Jeongguk stated as he looked at the body language of his friend.

"well- If it's a boy, then i'd have an heir for the throne which will remove any pressure that the court continues to condemn to Jisoo. But, they would pressure him to the brim, expecting a lot from him since he's a boy.

If it's a girl, then she'd be my heiress to the throne and they'd treat her more mercilessly cause of her gender. The court is still conservative regardless of the fact that they allow heiresses now.

And if I coddle her, most people would think she's too weak to rule."

The rest of the heirs considered Seokjin's dilemmas before starting to voice their own opinions.

"If it's a boy, then he'll learn a lot of tricks from us-" Taehyung starts which earned an eye roll and a heavy sigh from the royal.

"I'm well aware Vantae, you needn't remind me"

"-But if it's a girl, its gonna take a lot before a single boy can even breathe her direction. You've seen the way that we all act around Areum.

Well, if it weren't for Junhoe saying we're too 'uptight'. Shouldn't the man understand that that child is not just his child but Rosie's child? He acts as if we give a damn about him, if Areum wasn't Rosie's child we wouldn't interfere." Jeongguk finishes, continuing Vantae's previous statement.

"He is still the father and the husband, guk. No matter how much we voice our opinions, his decision and word is final, not ours." Jimin explained, trying his best to stay neutral.

However that didn't go past his friends. They were all knowledgeable of the fact that Jimin's neutrality wasn't simply for his kind and good nature, but the woman who was possibly involved in the topic also played a big role.

It was obvious to the other three. Well, simply not them. The three heirs and the other heiresses found it obvious.

The way that Jimin's eyes automatically skim through a room to find the familiar eyes that she owned.

The way that her laughter or quite literally anything she had done had always casted an adoring look on his face.

The way that despite all these years, despite the fact that she now belonged to another, he was still madly in love with her.