Chapter 4: ᴅᴀɴɢᴇʀ

Start from the beginning

Zane and Sarah were kissing. She had her hands placed on his butt and he simply stayed there like a statue.

It hurt nonetheless. Why, though?

Suddenly my mom's words came back to me. "Boys like him don't look at girls like you" she told me when I had my first date back when I was 16.

Looking at the two of them brought back bad memories. Some that I thought I had forgotten.

Could I be mad at him? No, I had no right to be.

I should have known from the very beginning. He was kind just to get to my sister. Just like the other two. I should have known. It wasn't new to me.

Yet, for some stupid reason I thought... no, I wanted him to be different. I wanted for once to be someone's first choice. I was stupid and naive to think so.

I shook my head disappointed that I hadn't learned my lesson the second time it happened and let it happen a third time.

I cleared my throat and they broke the kiss.

When Zane turned around and saw me his eyes widened.

I averted my gaze to Sarah who was breathing heavily from the steamy kiss. She smirked the moment she saw me. She knew what she did. It was the third time and she enjoyed it every time.

"Oh sis, what are you doing here?" She laughed.

"I came to get you" I said, my voice steady and my face blank. I would not show any hint that I was affected by what she did.

"Umm, well as you can see I was pretty busy right now, I'm sure Zen here will take me home once we're finished, right baby?" she giggled and placed her hands on his chest.

Zen? He even lied about his name?

Stupid Katherine, you're stupid. You never learn.

Could I blame him? No.

Do I have the right to act like a jealous girlfriend? No

Did he ever say he wanted anything with me? No

Was I attracted to him? Yes

"You're coming with me right now!" I said my voice firm this time.

"But I'm having so much fun with Zen, he's a really good kisser you know?" She laughed.

8 years ago

"He's a really good kisser you know?"

I looked at the boy standing in front of me. He was red by the embarrassment.

"What are you doing here Sarah?" I asked confused as my sister was on my date's lap.

"Jack invited me here. He wanted to present us officially!" She giggled at him and he wrapped an arm around her waist.

"What is going on here Jack? You invited me on a date!" A lump was forming in my throat and I felt like crying.

"I never said it was a date. Don't jump to conclusions Kat. I just wanted to get to your sister but you thought I was interested and you were so into your world that you wouldn't see the reality." They both laughed.

4 years ago

"Hey Kat so I wanted to talk with you and that's why I took you out!" Kyle smiled nervously. Was he finally going to ask me out?

"Sure, tell me!" I said now excited to find out. I had a crush on him for the past month and he was very sweet. We held hands a few times and he kissed my cheeks last week so I think we're getting somewhere.