Chapter Nineteen

(A/N)

sorry about the late update 😅

also next weekend I'll be out of town at a family members wedding, so I won't be able to get a chapter out then

to compensate, I will try to either get two chapters or an extra long chapter out the weekend after that (if you have an opinion on which, lemme know in the comments)

also THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL OF THE SUPPORT!! I know that it is still not much compared to other Wattpad books but OHMYLORD 6k is a lot to me. thank you thank you thank you for reading and now 

here we go :)

Jirou's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So.. how do I say this. How do I.. tell her this?

I looked up at (y/n), who had followed me into the closet without question despite the tightness of the space, and who was now waiting patiently for me to speak with large, expectant, (e/c) eyes.

What pretty eyes.

I had been thinking a lot lately, and so far had yet to share this thinking with anyone. The exception to that being Yaomomo, of course. We'd spoken on the matter last night when I went to get some water and found her in the common room reading, and she'd given me some decent advice.

"Oh, hello Jirou." I recognized Yaomomo's voice call out from the shadows of the common room. I walked forward until her form came into light, sitting perfectly straight on one of the couches with a book placed in the center of her lap.

"Hey." I responded tiredly.

She looked at me pensively for a moment while I stood there , shifting in place awkwardly, and then she patted the spot next to her.

"Would you like to sit?"

I gave up on my quest for water immediately upon hearing the invitation, because if there was anyone you didn't want to appear rude to, it was Yoayorozu. The queen of the polite.

I shrugged and nodded, then made my way to the couch to sit next to her. I folded my legs under myself and leaned back against the cushions.

Yaomomo looked back at her book for a moment, silent. I was about to ask if there was something she'd wanted to talk about. Then her eyes lit up.

"Tea?" She offered.

"Uhh. No thanks."

"Hmm." Silence filled the common room for a moment more and I could faintly hear crickets outside. I fiddled with my ear jacks before her voice sounded once again, making me flinch at it's suddenness. "You know who really likes tea?" She asked.

I figured that she was just trying to make conversation, so I indulged her indifferently,

"Who?"

"(y/n)."

This caught my attention and I looked over to Yaomomo, who's gaze had lifted from her book and was now trained on me, a small smile playing across her face.

"She- uh- she does?" I asked, attempting to sound uninterested and looking back down.

"Yes," Yaomomo looked off through one of the windows. "Sometimes we meet down here at night to drink tea together and talk."