Chapter Seven

(y/n)'s POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Need a hand?"

I turned around, my eyes finding a pair of dark grey ones sporting a fleeting purple shimmer courtesy of a stray ray of sun. I blinked, she had short, beautiful violet hair, and wore a black jacket, ripped black jeans, and an oversized purple t-shirt. She looked and dressed differently than most of the people I'd met since leaving the LOV, but she was also the first person who looked around my age that I'd met other than that Midoriya boy Eri knew. Something about her was intriguing.

I remembered something Mic had said about being wary of strangers, but this particular stranger didn't seem like any dangerous villain. Besides, I wasn't going to get much further on my own, and my arms were starting to get a little sore.

After thinking for a moment I nodded to her and held out my hand with the stone in it.

Her steps stuttered a little on her way over, but she took the rock from my hand and sat down behind me. She crossed her legs and held it up to my hair about where I'd left off.

"You want about this much cut off, right?"

I nodded. She started moving the sharp rock against my hair in sawing motions, her brows furrowing when she was met with the tough, nearly un-breakable material. 

"May I ask- why are you cutting your hair.. and with a rock?"

I figured there wasn't much harm in telling her a little, she was helping me after all,

"Well I'm trying to figure out a way to.. contain?.. a certain side affect of my quirk. I have an idea, but I'll need some of my hair for it to work and it's too tough to cut with any normal tools."

The purple-haired girl let out a little sigh as she managed to sever a few strands, adding them to my pile, "Oh, I see. But why in the middle of a forest?"

"I'm here with my, um-" I tried to remember what he'd called himself, "With my.. guardian? He's a teacher at the school up the hill and he had a meeting today. I'm just waiting down here for him."

"Oh he's a teacher at UA? I'm a student there!"

Jirou's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Her eyes sparkled as she turned her head.

"Really? What's school like?" She asked, face glowing with excitement and curiosity.

"School? What do you mean?" I asked as I continued cutting her hair. Or, attempting to cut her hair. Seriously, what is this stuff made out of??

"Oh, I've never been. It sounds a little scary, but really interesting!" She smiled a little, leaning forward onto her hands and looking up.

Her statement surprised me, but then I remembered, "So you're homeschooled?"

"Nope, I've never been to any sort of school."

"What, really?!" Is it even legal to keep kids from an education?? 

"Mmhm."

This was definitely an odd encounter, and with a very odd girl. She tapped her chin with a finger,

"I knew that not attending school was abnormal, but your reaction makes it seem even more so. Hmm, even Eri goes to school."

"We- Wait, Eri? Oh that's where I know you from!" I exclaimed, looking back at her face. She was definitely the girl from the mall. She looked at me, confused,