Chapter Eight (Part 1)

(y/n)'s POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It'd been three days since my training in the UA woods. Now, here I was again, only feeling the weight of even more pressure than last time.

The past three days have been filled up to the last second with training, talking with Shota about school, and spending some quality sister time with Eri. Every minute I spent there in that new home was more time spent beginning to understand the world that had evaded me for so long. One with even a semblance of normality. 

I went to the doctors again yesterday. They were happy that I'd been eating well, but said that I was still a little underweight for a fifteen year old girl. Shota wasn't all that excited about that, and had been forcing me to eat every last scrap he placed in front of me. It was a little annoying, but still I felt cared for for the first time in a long while and was reminded by that each time he'd scowl and hold me hostage at the dinner table until I was completely finished.

Two days ago I'd been training and he came to find me and fetch me for lunch. He'd told me then that, even though he knew it was still me and she was still a part of me, in his eyes I no longer even resembled the girl that he first saw at the LOV's hideout. Said that I seemed so much healthier, livelier, and even happier now.

While ultimately that was true, I wasn't exactly happy right now. 'Stressed' was much closer to how I was feeling. Today was my entrance exam. I was excited for about two minutes after Shota told me I could attend UA, then promptly started stressing about the entrance exam and hadn't stopped since.

I stood outside the large mock urban city called Ground Beta, fiddling with the edge of my black t-shirt in an attempt to calm my nerves. The doors would open any minute now and I had no semblance of a plan whatsoever. All I could do was keep going over everything they'd told me about the exam, which wasn't much.

They said that because of my unique situation my test would be modified and I wouldn't be taking the same one that other students had. Apparently there were three teachers acting as 'villains' and three student volunteers from summer classes acting as their 'captives' scattered about Ground Beta. All they told me was that I simply had to save the students and make it out the other gate with all three of them. It seemed to simple though, so I knew there had to be more to it than that. More that they'd be watching for.

I guess all that I should be worrying about right now is how to find the first student, I doubt they'll all be together. So.. how do I figure out where to look?

I didn't have time to answer that question, as the gates opened that very second. Apparently I didn't have to, either, because my first victim, and my first opponent, stood directly in front of me.

The villain was positioned in the center of a vertical street, facing me. The street looked like it was supposed to resemble some sort of market, with little vacant shops crowded together and a few empty stands scattered down the curb. The sidewalks were very wide and the road narrow.

The fough villain looked strong, not as strong as those I'd known in the past, but plenty strong nonetheless. He hadn't made a move yet, which gave me time to assess my surroundings, and him. He was large, and looked to be made of some sort of rock material. Or maybe.. cement? His head and neck were just one large rectangle, and he wore a deep frown, his eyes narrowed. Most of all though, I was drawn to his hands. There were large, and around their wrists hung his only support item, so I inferred that with them lay the center of his quirk. So I'll watch his hands.

Though he did look rather daunting, and I hadn't fought a day in my life, I couldn't forget that my task wasn't to defeat him, but to save whoever he was guarding. So, I quickly scanned the area for the student. Eventually my eyes landed on a figure tied up to a lampost with some sort of tape behind the villain. He was decently far away, so all I could make out of him was a messy mop of green hair, but now I knew where he was, which was all I needed to know.