Part Twenty-Five

"What do you want sharon?" Bucky asked as we both got out the car and walked up the stairs to the porch. Sharon was stood at the front door, leaning on the frame arms crossed.

"I came to apologise. I was trying to find out more about you and I thought nagel could help. I didn't know he'd tell anyone else." Sharon explained as we got closer. She stood up straight when we reached her, "didn't realise you were bringing company. Or is he playing bodyguard?"

"You couldn't just apologise could you? You had to say something snarky." I sighed and pushed passed her, Bucky following me into the kitchen.

"I just didn't realise you were bringing anyone." Sharon came in last and stood by the kitchen archway.

I grabbed the pots and pans out the cupboard while Bucky grabbed the boxes I had yet to put away from moving in by the stairs.

"She needed some help packing." Bucky smiled weakly at her.

I caught the smile and realised that he still believed she has nothing to do with Zemo finding out. She had just admitted to telling Nagel, even after she denied yet.

I felt a pang of hatred towards her yet again. Not to mention annoyance at Bucky; how could he still believe her!?

"Sharon, I don't believe you. So please just leave." I sighed and put a few unbreakable pots and pans in the boxes, mentally trying to remember where I put the bubble wrap.

Sharon sighed and shook her head, "You've always hated me."

"I never hated you." I threw the pan on to the side and moved over to Sharon, "I looked up to you. I wanted to be just like you; to be part of S.H.I.E.L.D, fight side by side, I even tried to figure out how I could join the FBI once I moved back here. But, whatever. You can forget that now."

As we stood in the kitchen, trying to pack as much as we could, Sharon kept protesting saying I should stay...

"Where will you go?" She asked

"I don't know!" I shouted at her, annoyed at her even thinking she had a right to know.

Bucky moved to the back window and looked out. He frowned as he moved his head closer to the window, trying to see something in the distance.

I turned to him, "What's up?"

His eyes went wide and he grabbed me, pushing me away from the window just as I heard a loud bang and flames engulfed the ktichen.

I lay on the floor, keeping my head low and trying to see through the smoke "What the hell was that?" I looked round but couldn't see much in front of me. I could hear Sharon coughing in the distance, annoying she survived....

"Lori? You OK?" Buckys voice came from somewhere in the smoke.

"Yeah... I think." I sat up slightly, coughing as I inhaled some smoke.

I felt a hand on my leg, reaching up to my waist. Buckys face met mine, fear covered his face but I was just relieved he was OK. "Thank God." I sighed, pulling him in for a kiss.

Bucky pulled back and smiled, pulling me up as I coughed back the smoke. "Come here." he wrapped his arms around me, carrying me out the house, Sharon was close behind.

The three of us went for safety at a little shed a bit away from the main house, just so we could ge our barings and clear our chests.

We sat on the floor and caught out breaths. I placed my hand on Buckys chest and pulled the smoke from his lungs.

As soon as he understood what I was doing, he pulled my hand away from him. "No, I'm fine. You don't -"

"Shut up." I sighed, pulling my wrist from his grip and placing it back on his chest.

My vision got blurry and I could taste the smoke, feeling my lungs getting tighter and heavier with smoke. I pulled away and focused the energy into a smoke ball that formed from my hand and I threw it out the shed. Both our lungs were clear but I was feeling a little light headed from it all.

Gun fire started raining in to the shed. "Shit!" Bucky shouted, getting onto his knees and pulled out a gun.

"Do you just carry a gun around with you at all times?" I questioned.

"Pretty much." Bucky chuckled moving to the window and firing out towards whoever was firing at us.

Sharon pulled one out too and started firing too.

"Does everyone just carry guns around?"

"Part of the lifestyle." Sharon said, hiding round the gap she was shooting from.

"What lifestyle? As a bitch?"

"Not exactly the time Mallory!" She shouted back

"Well it would be the perfect time if this hadn't happened. This is all your fault you know!" Bucky shouted over to Sharon.

"My fault? I was in there too! I'm getting shot at too! So how did you work that one out?" Sharon shouted back

"You brought him here didn't you?!" Bucky screamed over to her "You being there was just a diversion, to throw us off thinking no Sharon can't be in on it!" Bucky leaned back in the corner, away from the window, "I defended you! I trusted that you had nothing to do with  this!"

Sharon didn't say anything and continued to fire out.

"Bucky, can we get out of here. Please." I begged, just wanting to be anywhere but sat here getting fired at

Bucky looked out the window and I peeked over too. A figure was coming towards us...

"Time to go." Bucky said, grabbing my arm, pulling me up and out through a gap in the wooden wall.