Part Seven

"Madripoor? You have got to be kidding." The three of us sat in the car on the way to the airport, Sam driving, James and I sat in the back. "I thought that was just a fairytale."

"If you need to figure out who is after you, and why, that's the place to be." Sam explained, leaning over to the passenger seat and tapping something on the laptop he had sitting there. "Torres got us a plane."

"Cool" I nodded, not paying attention to much else and looking out the window.

I placed my hand on the space between James and I, tapping on the seat; something I do when I'm nervous. I felt something touch my little finger, so I looked down. James moved his hand over my hand and held onto my fingers, stopping me tap. He gave my hand a little squeeze and I looked up to him, but he was looking out the window. I smiled and looked back to our hands. Suddenly I wasn't nervous.

On the plane, we sat for a while not doing much. Finally I asked the question I needed to, "So, what is with Madripoor? I was always told stories but never thought it was real."

James sighed and looked over from his seat, "it's.... not the best place. They deal with issues by fighting and killing."

"Sounds lovely. Maybe when this is all over I'll go back for a vacation." I said sarcastically, slightly worried about what could happen.

We landed in Madripoor and James threw us a bag each, "Get changed. We need to blend in."

I opened my bag and looked inside, "You're joking, right?" I went in and pulled out a pair of shorts. "I haven't worn these in years. I don't even know if they fit still."

James shrugged and walked over to his own bag. Sam looked in his and shook his head, "What are you doing to me?"

"It's fitting for who you're going to be."

I looked further into my bag as the boys took their jackets and t-shirts off. I sighed and stormed to the bathroom, "Can't believe I have to wear these fucking things." I slammed the door and got changed.

I came out the bathroom, boots in hand, and fell down on a seat. Sam was slipping on his very brightly coloured jacket as James strapped some sort of jacket over his chest and clipped in a few guns. "You alright?" he asked, looking over to me.

James scanned my body from my thigh high boots, up my legs covered in fishnet tights, the little black shorts were riding up my ass, and he stopped a little longer on my crop top, biting his lip.

I nodded, smirking at his reaction, and carried on zipping up my boots. "I feel like a hooker."

"Well, I look like your pimp." Sam sighed and sat in a seat and zipped up his bag.

"Smiling Tiger is ... eccentric." James strapped a holster to his thigh as he spoke.

"What about my character?" I asked, getting up and walking over to him.

James licked his lip and smirked, "OK, I saw those shorts in your closet and I just wanted to see you in them."

"Are you kidding right now?" I pushed his shoulder, annoyed, but James just laughed it off.

"Come on guys, kiss and make up." Sam winked as he passed us to the bathroom.

I waited until the door shut before whipping my head to James, "did you say something to him?" James opened his mouth as if he was about to speak, but then closed it again. "What did you say!?"

"Nothing!" He sighed, "he saw the kiss at your place."

"Oh God." I sighed and turned away from him, but James grabbed my arm.

"What's so wrong with that?"

"Nothing. I just... don't want him to think of me as a..." I was trying to find the right word. But James seemed to understand.

James smiled and took my head in his hands, pushing my head back so I looked up to him, "No one will think anything of you." He leaned in, leaving a soft kiss on my lips. "I like you." My stomach flipped. My mouth went dry. I forgot how to breath. "I'm trying really hard not to let that interfere with what we're doing." He kissed me again. "But honestly, majority of the time, I'm just thinking about all the things I wanna do to you."

"Like what?" I whispered, my chest heaving as I tried to control my breathing and failing massively.

James laughed slightly, looking into my eyes, "first off, I'd touch every inch of your body..." he leaned in close to my ear and whispered, "with my lips." His lips grazed my cheek, travelling down my neck and leaving soft kisses as he went.

Goosebumps tingled up my body as he gently sucked on my collar, leaving a small purple bruise.

"For god sake." Sam's voice came from the side of us. We looked over to see him shaking his head, "I was in there for a minute. You couldn't control yourselves for a minute?"

James smirked, "apparently not."