Part Nine

A woman sat on a couch in the next room, I'm guessing this was Selby. Two guys stood inside holding guns and staring at us as we walked in. James grabbed my arm again and pulled me in. He stopped at one end of the couch while Sam stood on the other.

"What do I owe the pleasure, Smiling Tiger?" She smiled at Sam and looked him up and down before turning to look at James and I. She looked us up and down too before turning back to Sam. "Who's the girl?"

"Nobody." Sam cleared his throat and spoke again. "We need to know who's after the Rogers girl. We've been tracking her too long to lose her to someone else." Sam said in a deadpan, serious voice.

"What's in it for me?" Shelby smirked and the two guys moved closer to Sam.

"Him" Sam pointed to James and Selby followed his hand, smiling at James.

She turned back to Sam and I quickly looked up at James, his face showing no emotions and looking straight ahead, but his grip on my arm tightening when Selby smiled.

"A lot of people have been after her. There's a big bounty on her head." Selby sighed and got up off the couch, walking over to Sam

"Why is there anyway?" Sam asked. Selby looked at Sam confused, "we never asked questions. Just after the payment."

"Not many people like super soldiers."

She's not a super soldier though

Are you sure about that? Doctor Nagel has a different idea

Now. My little super soldier

"No"

What was that? Someone got a little crush?

Kill her

Gun to my head

Before anyone could do anything, a bullet smashed through the window and hit Selby.

James and Sam disarmed the guards and we made our way out back

We better get out of here" I said

Outside news had spread. Everyone was staring and guns were being drawn. One shot was all it took for everyone to start. "Not much better out here!" James a shouted as we ran.

These boots were not made for running!

James stopped and picked me up, I wrapped my arms around his neck and held tight, close into his chest as he ran.

We turned down a side ally and someone followed, shoot at us. One more shot and it all
Stopped.

The boys stopped running and turned aroudn to see the guy who was shooting us on the floor, billet wound in his chest.

"Who the hell...." Sam started and we heard a gun click in the shadows.

James put me down and pushed me behind him, making sure I wasn't in direct line of the gun.

A person came into view from the shadows, "hello stranger."

That voice.... I pushed round James and looked at the person standing in front of me. "Sharon!?"