xxxi

༺❀✿❀⋆❀✿❀༻

Ayla was mad at herself. How could she be so reckless with people's feelings. It seemed like no matter what she'd done to avoid hurting someone, it still happens anyways. She didn't expect she'd lose someone she'd grown fond off and considered them as her friend, most especially on her birthday.

It wasn't like she planned on it happening, she just didn't think it would've happened in a blink of an eye. She has been non stop trying to persuade herself that maybe it was meant to happen but it didn't make her feel any better. 

༺❀✿❀⋆❀✿❀༻

"If I told you what I wished for, it won't come true." I stated, looking at Hayes who's been pestering me for quite a while after I blew out the candles on the cake.

He huffs, pouting. "I bet if I was Corpse, you'd tell me."

The both of us were currently sat on the couch while some were still outside just chatting or in the dining area, grabbing some food. A few left already but there were still some who stayed after I blew out the candles.

I shake my head at him, rolling my eyes. "I never tell my wishes to anyone." I tell him, "Besides why are you so insistent?" I asked as I raise a brow at him.

"Did you know grapes can catch on fire in microwaves?" He tells me switching the subject.

"No, I didn't know that. Also you suck at trying to change the subject."

He ignores my statement and continues, "When they're split into half or when two are touching, they can concentrate the energy of the microwave to the same point of the grapes touching. They are then able to warm them up so much that they don't hold onto their electrons, which then transforms into a plasma, in turn it creates a fireball." He finishes with a grin on his face.

I definitely didn't think I was gonna get a science lesson in the middle of our conversation. "How much have you drank Hayes?" I curiously ask him.

He thinks for a while, "I think, three?" He says while holding up 2 fingers, or maybe he was doing the peace sign, who knows.

"Shots?"

He shakes his head, "Nope," he says popping the p, "bottles of soju."

"Oh god, and they say I'm the alcoholic." I mumbled to myself. I'm surprised he's still able to walk straight and not stumble on his feet.

"You still haven't told me why you wanna know what I wished for." I asked him.

He lets out a defeated sigh, "I may have talked to Emma about a bet."

"How is my life so entertaining to you guys." I asked rhetorically.

"Well, I'm a med student." He says like it was the most obvious thing ever. "Besides, I just wanna win against Emma for once."

"What's it about specifically anyways?"

"If you wished for something for you or someone else." He tells me.

I hummed, "It's the former one." I answered and his eyes lit up and he grinned widely.

"Fucking finally!" He exclaims, "I need to go and find Emma and tell her I won." He tells me before leaving me alone in the living room.