xxix

༺❀✿❀⋆❀✿❀༻

Most of Ayla's friends are in disbelief at how oblivious she could be at something so obvious. She's at a constant state of in denial just to avoid hurting someone not realizing she'll just end up hurting one of them, one way or another.

On the other hand, she has never been more excited, now that her birthday was to come up. She'd finally be able to see Indi and Emma after 2 months. Clearly her separation anxiety was over the roof. She wasn't exactly sure if there were plans that her friends made but she's glad about seeing them nevertheless.

༺❀✿❀⋆❀✿❀༻

"So it's your birthday this weekend.." I hear Dream trail off, as I walked towards the kitchen with my phone on hand.

It was late at night, around 11 which meant around 2 in the morning in Florida. We were on a call for hours now, just talking about the most random things.

I turn to look at my phone as I propped it against something on the counter top. "You best be getting me a gift. I accept venmo or cashapp." I said jokingly with a grin.

"Didn't you make it clear last time that you didn't need money?" He asks with a teasing smile.

"Mhmm, well you see.. I remember you stating that you were a millionaire." I grinned back widely as I grabbed an empty glass from the counter drawer.

"So you're using me?" He questioned.

"I thought we established that?" I said jokingly. As I filled my glass with orange juice.

He shakes his head, "You're annoying." he tells me. "Is that orange juice?" He adds as he notices the glass filled with it.

"And yet you constantly talk to me." I said in a sing-song voice. "Also, yeah it is, fuck off. I like orange juice." I walk back to my room with the drink on my other hand.

"You're my source of happiness."

I make a face, "You make me wanna barf." I said jokingly, "Please stick to insulting me, you're flattering me too much." I say to him.

I leaned back the headboard of my bed as I placed down my drink on the side table.

"So about your gift? What if it was just me, seeing as I'm amazing and all."

I roll my eyes, "Is there a receipt, for returns?" I began, "Unless, of course you would be agreeing to be my bitch." I smirked, wiggling my brows at him.

It was his turn to roll his eyes, "You're such a piece of shit Nai."

"Thanks!" I exclaimed, drinking a sip from my oj.

"Only you would take it as a compliment."

I hummed, "It helps me sleep at night." I said, "Speaking of which, shouldn't you be sleeping?"

"Just claiming my spot in the messed up sleep schedule gang." He answers.

We continue talking for an hour or so, about random stuff, until I get another incoming call from someone else.