"I swear, Aang. It wasn't your fault. Did you have control over the time in that iceberg?" I questioned in a strong voice.

"I-" he began.

"The. Truth. Aang." I cemented my words.

"No" he said meekly.

"Good. You probably would've died had you stayed." I explained again.

"You don't know that, and I would've reincarnated." He said in a weak voice.

"If you had reincarnated your reincarnation would've likely died. Especially if they were born in the south. They raided villagers until not a single waterbender remained. Well, to their knowledge.. Then they would've done the same for the earth kingdom, and then they'd find the Avatar in the fire nation. The cycle wouldn't end and the world would crumble." I finished explaining.

"And you never would've met us!" Katara grinned pulling me in a close huge making my serious facade crack into dust.

"Yeah, I guess you guys are right..." Aang said with a soft smile.

We all leapt in surprise when we heard a familiar yell at the beginning of the cave.

"HELP- OH PLEASE HELP!" the old woman's voice rang with panic.

Katara ran to help the woman standing at the mouth of the cave.

"It's okay. You're safe" Katara assured the woman. Guiding her to sit by the fire.

"But my husband isn't!" Cried the woman.

"Her husband-" I began my voice echoed with panic.

"Is your husband the fisherman? Where's Sokka?" Katara questioned the woman anxiously.

The woman nodded causing me to stand up quicky.

"They haven't returned" the woman answered gravely.

"This storms becoming a typhoon, they're caught out at sea!" The woman yelled, meanwhile I clenched my fist anxiously as the woman grew more and more terrified.

Aang stood up determined,

"I'm going to find them." He promised the woman.

"I'm coming with you!" Katara sounded equally determined.

"Me too!" I agreed without hesitation.

"I'm staying here!" The woman said plopping down comfortably.

Asura followed us plopping down on Appa's saddle.

The wind, and rain toyed with us as we flew and I made sure everyone was safe.

Aang spotted the boat when a huge wave flew past us with Aang's help.

"The Avatar!" I heard a familiar voice yell.

"Zuko?" I whispered.

The wind took advantage of my distraction and threw me off Appa, and in a moment of huge static electricity I heard the boom of lightning barely miss me.

Asura leapt to catch me but she seemed to forget she could only glide.

I screamed as I fell and heard Aang and Katara yell after me.

Asura caught me as we hit the icy water and I yelled for them to save Sokka first.

'I could survive in my element, at least until they got to me.'

That's what my naive mind had thought, anyways.

The waves tossed us around roughly. It dunked me and Asura under the cold water several times until I floated on Asura almost unconscious. My bending did little to stop the waves, and could only soften the impact it had when it struck us, and keep us above the surface.

I heard a yell. Then a splash.

Warm, calloused hands met my own opposingly cold ones, and lifted me from the water and onto a ship as I heaved sea water. My coughing stopped with my windpipes clear. But I was so tired...

"Grab the cat-owl, be careful with them!" The voice ordered in a rich, warm tone.

The scent of chocolate and cinnamon moulded with the saltwater.

"Mhmm?" I groaned.

The sound of metal flooring registered in my ears and a blanket was draped over me. I sighed in relief, at least I was somewhat warmer.

"It's okay, Lyra. Let me take care of you." The voice hushed me warmly.

I leaned into the warm chest and the arms holding me tensed then relaxed.

I felt a soft kiss pressed on my forehead, it was as if I'd been struck by lightning. Nice, warm lightning that drew electric sparks across my skin.

----------

Soooo I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Stay safe and healthy my Bookworms and have a wonderful day! Until next time my Bookworms! Love y'all! 😘♥️
-Rose