he looked at me and just cried more as i pulled him off the counter into a hug.

"she left me bruh she's gone, please don't leave me miree you all i got." he cried repeating what he said into my shoulder.

"i'm not leaving you bubba, and who's gone." i asked him still crying rubbing his back.

"my grandma dawg, she gone." he started crying even more.

"i need her tezhae i needa be with her. first my mama left now her? why they left me here by myself."

"come here." i pulled him to sit on the edge of his bed as i sat with my legs over his with me still hugging him.

"she not gone keelan, she's always gonna be here with you. she's in your heart, she would never purposely leave you. wherever you go she'll always be with you, not physically but mentally and emotionally. the same thing goes for your mother. i bet she was the one that sent me a sign to come over here and stop you from ruining your life. keelan, how do you think i would've felt if you actually did that? how would our friends feel. we care about you bubs i promise we always here for you. and if nobody else is there for you i'm always gonna be here if you need me, on bad terms or not. your grandma wouldn't want you here crying and she wouldn't want you dead neither. so from now on, every step, movement, accomplishment you make, make sure that you're doing it for her and moms cause they watching over you and they need to see you make them proud. she's happier now, in a better place. her and your mom are up there right now catching up with eachother with out any worries or troubles. they happy now k." i pulled away from the hug and looked into his eyes.

"i love you tezhae." he said starting to cry again which made me cry harder.

this was his first time saying it to me, i haven't heard that in so long i forgot how it felt for someone to actually love you.

"i love you too keelan." i hugged him tightly and we sat there for like 10 minutes.

"thank you, for everything. ion know what i did to deserve you, but i'm grateful for it fr. you lowkey saved my life bra." he pulled away wiping his eyes.

"i just want you to know that you matter to me keelan. if i could take away all your pain and problems i would, i promise." i smiled at him.

"omg you got me sayin sap ass shit." he rolled his eyes laying properly on his bed.

"i'm staying with you tonight." i told him doing the same thing.

"you don't have to."

"but i want to, so i'm staying." i wrapped my arms around him and laid my head on his chest.

"i love you bruh, and i mean that shit." i felt him look down at me.

"i love you too." i smiled at him and kissed his forehead.

we stayed in silence until we fell asleep.

——-

"you should go see her neighbor, k." i told keelan playing with his waves as we laid on his bed.

"ion even fuck with that lady."

"but yo grandma did so you gotta talk to her."

"i am not obligated to do such thing." he shook his head.