Ch-22

A plan was made by the Kages of five nations to counter the Akatsuki. Those whose stones were stolen namely Kirigakure, Kumogakure and Iwagakure were assigned to form a squad with deadly shinobis to counter attack Akatsuki at different sites....as they had no stone with them they were safe of not being attacked again, thus these villages were handed a job to take out members of Akatsuki by playing on offence. On other hand Konohagakure and Sunagakure were the only villages who were still in danger as the stone was still with them, thus none of them were allowed to send their shinobis for any missions outside to maximize their defence.

In Village Hidden by Mist.

A recent intel was recieved by Mizukage about an Akatsuki member sighted near the borders of their nation, "Squad we have received an intel that one of the Akatsuki member was seen  near the borders of the nation. So as the members of Elimination Squad I assign you the mission to kill the Akatsuki member and bring his corpse to the village. In worse cae scenario....just fall back and give the information about his moves and techniques." Said Mizukage to the members of Elimination Squad who were standing proud in front of her, "Hai! Mizukage-sama" all of them replied as they left for their hunt.

.............

In Konohagakure.
In Namikaze house.

Menma was told to clean the  basement by his mother today. "Yesterday was my night shift to guard the borders...so I thought I would sleep late but no clean the fucking basement" murmered Menma angrily. "And where the hell is Narumi, why am I made to clean this alone-" soon Menma noticed a strange box at the corner of the room, 'that's his box right...let's see' thought Menma as he saw two scrolls inside it. He started reading the scrolls, as he read his eyes grew wider and wider, "this is..." talked Menma to himself in disbelief as he rushed to Narumi's room.

Menma bursted into Narumi's room as he opened the door to see his sister sleeping, "OYE WAKE UP ALREADY YOU LAZY ASS" screamed Menma to which Narumi shot up, "what is it Nii-san?" Aksed Narumi in sleepy voice.
"I am cleaning the damn basement alone and you are sleeping here dont you feel to help your brother a little." Scolded Menma. "That's it....you woke me up to clean the basement with you" said Narumi as she walked towards Menma cracking her fists. "No no...listen I have something very important. Do you remember the day when Naruto came late to the dinner and kept babbling about someone who was very powerful....remember 11 years ago?" Said Menma. "Really? Eleven years ago...how would I remember it. Also why are we even talking about him" said Narumi as she sat on her bed. "A red spiky haired Shinobi who had  powers to push and pull the objects around him and no jutsus worked against him. Also he had strange eyes" Menma read the scroll, "it's what is written in this scroll, at first even I was not able to remember it but then I remembered." Said Menma. Narumi's sleepy narrow eyes shot open as she remembered that day, "now I remember, we made fun of him for making up his hero stories right. W-wait the description of the person in the scroll.....thats..that exactly resembles the Pain guy who we fought." Said Narumi in disbelief.

"Exactly! The description exactly matches with the Rinnegan guy who attacked the village. He knew it even before Akatsuki was even known to anyone. If what he said was true....then did he really defeated him" said Menma as he sat on the nearby chair. "That's not possible. Even thirteen of us were not able to defeat him, do you think that he had any chance to even stand against Pain...there must be something else. Only if he was alive" said Narumi in sad voice. "Also there is this other scroll in which there is some weird stuff written, This green light is something else, it enhances abilities in every aspect, especially physical attributes...I want to know what is this light but I can't get any information on it. This is what is written here. I guess the light he his talking about may be something related to Akatsuki." Said Menma. "So basically this is a diary. Writting a diary in a scroll wow, he is really as stupid as you" said Narumi. "Shut up. Get ready fast we need to go to the library, let's see what is this light he is talking about" said Menma as he walked out of the room.