"You trained us well in your art and we will follow through for you". The third figure said.

"Don't get too overconfident. She is highly skilled, a prodigy". The leader said,"Do not underestimate her".

"You seem to know her well". The second figure said with a observant tone.

"Yes, Hakan. I know her well and taught her well". The leader said while still staring at the city.

"When should we attack?". The third figure asked impatiently.

"Wait for darkness to fall".

              ............................................

There were only a few hours left until the celebrations began, so before they did begin Hakoda decided it was a good idea to call the boys to his homestead to talk to them privately.

"We're not in trouble, are we?". Sokka asked.

"You tell me, he's your dad". Zuko replied with a obvious look.

"Why did Chief Hakoda call us here?". Aang asked.

"I have no idea". Sen said as he looked around the room.

Then they footsteps approaching from the next room, they quickly straightened when they saw Chief Hakoda enter the room and they noticed that he seemed to be carrying a small box in his hands. A minute later, Kanna stepped into the room as well with a neutral look on her face and eyed them all carefully.

"What do you think they're gonna do to us?". Aang whispered.

"I don't know let's just wait and see". Zuko responded under his breath.

Then there was a moment of silence as everyone stared at each other.

"Uh, dad? What is this about?". Sokka decided to be the braver one.

"I needed to talk to you boys about something very important". Hakoda said with a solemn look.

This got the boys nervous.

"As you know, your female counterparts are getting ready for the festival and we want you all to enjoy this auspicious time". Kanna said watching them like a hawk.

"And?". Aang decided to put in bravely.

"Do you boys love your partners?". Hakoda asked with narrowed eyes.

The boys quickly nodded, not wanting to know what would happen if they hesitated.

"Do you care for them?". Kanna asked.

Another nod.

"Do you appreciate that you have them in your lives? Do you appreciate them?". Hakoda asked.

The boys looked at each other for a moment. Then it finally hit them like a rock, they didn't really appreciate them. Well, they did but in a way they didn't appreciate them subconsciously and that made them feel guilty.

" No". Zuko spoke for all of them.

"I see". Hakoda smiled,"Then let me help you, in the box that I have with me I have something that might help you show them your appreciation. Trust me, it took a lot of convincing for Kuei to get me these".

The boys looked confused and didn't know what he was talking about. Hakoda stepped closer to them and opened the box, the boys looked inside and found four beautiful Panda lilies lying on the inside.

"These are for you". Hakoda smiled at them,"During the celebration I want each of you to give a Panda lily to your partner to show your appreciation for her".

"Is there like a time we should be giving it to them?". Aang asked.

"Give it to them anytime you feel like it, as long as it's during the festivities". Kanna said with a smile.

The boys smiled before each took a Panda lily, they all closely examined each of their flowers before slipping them away.

"I don't think Toph is a flower type of girl but I'll just have to try". Sen said with a shrug.

"Based on how long she's been with you, I think you're slowly wearing her walls down". Kanna said with a knowing look.

Sen smiled nervously.

"Mai might be a challenge but I'm up to it". Zuko said with a small confident smile.

Then they started to leave the house, Hakoda watched them leave with a proud smile. Kanna just sighed as she watched them leave.

"It's times like this I wish Kya was still alive to see moments like this".

Hakoda gave a sad smile.

"Me too, mom. Me too".