𝙱𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝙱𝚞𝚜𝚝 [ • . 𝟷𝟶 . • ]

• 𝙺𝚎𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝙿𝙾𝚅 •

I woke up, looked at the TV and sighed. 'Best get up and clean the dishes,' I thought to myself. I took ny bowl, grabbed a sponge, and started to clean the dishes. 'Glad today's Saturday.'  

• 𝚊 𝚏𝚎𝚠 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚞𝚝𝚎𝚜 𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛 •

'Forgot to clean up the spot Pico threw up.'  Luckily, my floors were hardwood so I could easily mop it. I didnt notice that Nene, Darnell, Cherry, and Pico had crept down the stairs until I heard Cherry say, "See, told you something was wrong, Pico." I turned around and looked at them as they looked at me. "You need something?" I say, confused. Pico looked at me with a concerned look on his face. He walked up to me then said, "Keith, are you ok?" "You could say so," I replied. "So, that's a no." "Uh.." 

• 𝙿𝚒𝚌𝚘 𝙿𝙾𝚅 •

"Keith," I said as I picked him up, "what's the matter?" "I'll tell you, only if you tell me what happened at your house the day you came over for the bio project." I stood silent. I really didn't wanna remember that, but if it's what would make Keith speak up, then I'll do it. "Guys, could you leave for a sec?" I ask them. "Sure," said Nene. "We'll just be upstairs," Darnell said. "Alright then," I replied, and they all went upstairs. "Now, tell me what's wrong," I told Keith. "Fine," he said.

• 𝙺𝚎𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝙿𝙾𝚅 •

"Fine," I said. "Have you ever noticed that I never talk when you and your old school friends have conversations?" "No, not really.." he replied. "Exactly, it makes me feel like a insignificant human being," I told Pico. "Oh.." he realized, "I'm sorry you feel that way Keith.." "It's fine, I'm used to it by now," I said to him. I brushed it off quickly and said to him, "Now, tell me, what happened at your place back when we had that bio project." Pico sighed, "Fine."

• 𝙿𝚒𝚌𝚘 𝙿𝙾𝚅 •

"I am, what you would consider, the disappointment of the family. My sister became famous for her wrestling, and my brother was famous for his baseball skills. Me? I did nothing memorable for the family. Just sat at home, being judged for how disappointing my achievements were compared to my siblings'," I told Keith. "Go on," Keith said. "That day was the first time they came home in months, and they acted happy to see me so my brother and sister wouldn't be wondering why they were so mean. When you had texted me, my brother and sister were out of the house, exploring the town. My dad was drunk and my mom was choking me out with a belt. After she finally let go, my dad cracked a beer bottle over my head and told me to leave. I covered up the bruises, put all my clothes into a duffel bag, and came over to your place. That's why I asked to stay for a bit," I said, ending the story. Keith looked at me in shock. "O-oh..I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked.." "No, it's fine. You have a right to know," I told him. I really didn't wanna remember that day, but he asked, so he got answers. "You wanna go upstairs?" I ask Keith. "No, not really," he replies. "Me neither, I wanna sleep." Keith fell asleep in my lap, and I put my head on top of his, then drifted off to sleep.

• 𝟸𝟶 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚞𝚝𝚎𝚜 𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛 • 

• 𝙳𝚊𝚛𝚗𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝙿𝙾𝚅 •

My phone started vibrating, so I decided to see who it was. "Nene, Cherry, I gotta take this," I tell them. "Alright then," they said. I walk out of Pico and Keith's bedroom and take the call. "This be Darnell, who is it?" "Hey, it's Alucard, how you doing?" "Doing fine, you?" "Meh, I'm ok, wanna hang out at the pizza shop later?" "Sure, when?" "5 or something?" I check my watch: 4:06 P.M. "Sure, meetcha there." I hang up the phone and tell Nene, Cherry, Pico, and Keith that I gotta go. I rush out the door in such a hurry as if there was a fire at my house. I don't know why I was in such a rush, but I brushed it off, got in some better clothing, and head to the pizza shop.

• 𝙿𝚒𝚌𝚘 𝙿𝙾𝚅 •

"Wonder where he ran off to," I said. "Probably got a date," Keith said, "everybody we know is getting one nowadays." I laughed. "True," I said, "Betchu 20 bucks it was a date and he gets a partner." "You're on, bub," Keith said.

• 𝙺𝚎𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝙿𝙾𝚅 •

I laid my head on Pico's shoulder and turned on the TV. He looked down at me with a face as red as a Flaming Hot Cheeto. "Hold on, lemme do something real quick," I told him, "change the channel to whatever ya want." I turned on my phone and went to my Contacts. I found my contact for Pico and changed it.

𝙿𝚒𝚌𝚘 🧡 --> 𝙵𝚕𝚊𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙷𝚘𝚝 𝙲𝚑𝚎𝚎𝚝𝚘 🔥

Pico caught me changing his contact info on my phone and said, "Hey!" I laughed for a while, and he started to laugh too. "Change it back, lil idiot!" he said. "Ok, ok, but for the record, i'm not an  idiot," I told him. "Right, ok, I'll believe you." 

"Hey, wanna move in with me?" Keith asked. I just sat there in amazement.

"...Yes!"