21 - Unknown Feelings

Dream's Point of View

 After our awkward talk 4 days ago, everything became weird between us. Today was finally the day I turn 19. A year of my break up with Sam. I smiled at myself. I received calls from Geroge, Nick, and BBH, but I was really waiting for Lia's call for my birthday. Does she even know? I checked social media to see so many greetings in FB, Twitter and YouTube. Come to think of it, mom and Candice haven't greeted me yet. I shrugged the thought and drove to the hospital, wearing a polo shirt and jeans. I also brought some clothes to bring my family to the beach for my birthday. I went into Drista's room to see her sleeping. I wrote a small note to her and left. I left and drove off to Miami beach. I sent a voicemail to mom that says. "Hey, mom. Please go to Miami beach! Bring some clothes to swim!"

 I arrived and got out and walked inside. "Good morning sir!", the receptionist greeted. "Hello! Can I rent a cabin here?", I asked. "Yes! I just need some details and how many days?", she asked. "For 3 days, and my name is Dream Anderson.", I said. "Okay, sir. I will be right back and see if there are any cabins available. Should it be a VIP or no?", she asked. "Just a normal one, please. And make sure that it has at least 5 rooms.", I said. "Yes sir.", she said and excused herself whilst giving me a seductive stare. I sat there, thinking if they will come until I heard a soft voice calling me. "Dream? What are you doing here?", Lia asked. "Oh, I just wanted to go for a swim with my family.", I said. "For your birthday? Also, Happy Birthday.", she said making a smile appear on my face. "You knew?", I asked. "Yes, I knew.", she chuckled. "What are you doing here in Miami?", I asked. "Your mom told me to accompany you while they say good bye to Drista.", she said. The receptionist came, her blouse undone twice on the top to show her cleavage, her pencil skirt shorter. "There is an available cottage sir, but it only has 3 rooms.", she said while leaning on her desk to make her look like a complete slut. "It is fine.", I said and gave her a stank gaze. "How many are you?", she said and sat on the desk. "5.", Lia said making the woman glared at her. "Okay sir, ma'am. Just sit down in the waiting area while we clean the cottage. I will call you if everything is ready.", she said and walled towards us to the door, but not before faking that she slipped making me grab her hand and pull her up. "Careful.", I said and let go before walking towards the waiting room. 

 "That was damn uncomfortable.", I sighed. "Why is she acting like that? Does she not see that you are with me?", Lia asked. "Why being jealous Lia?", I smirked. "I ain't jealous. It's just rude!", she scoffed. "Whatever you tell yourself to avoid any awkwardness even though, I can see it clearly.", I chuckled. "Shut up Dream.", she groaned. I wrapped an arm around her shoulder and sighed. "Dude, hands-off.", Lia said, trying to move my arm. "Make me.", I said while smirking at her. She then hit my stomach hard with her elbow, making me groan, removing my arm on her shoulder, and holding my stomach. "Jesus. What the hell Lia!", I groaned. "What? You said I'll make you. I did.", she said, her arms crossed on her chest. "I guess I did.", I sighed, and leaned on the chair. 

 :::::::::::::::

**SORRY!***I am not from Miami or the US, so bear with me because I know nothing about your beach house there. These are based on what I saw on Google. Thanks for understanding! 

After a while of waiting, we were called as we walked inside. "Um, this isn't a cabin. This is a beach house.", I said to the receptionist. "But sir, this woman said to get this.", she said making me look at Lia. "Don't worry birthday boy, I handled it, and I also extended it for a week.", she said and smiled. "You didn't have to. But thank you.", I said and smiled. "Come on, let's see the rooms.", she said. We checked the rooms and saw that there are only 4 rooms. In every room, there is a bathroom. "Wait, how can we make this work. My family would go here. Including one of my friends. We are all in all 6. Maybe 10 if my uncle decided to join with his family.", I said. "I don't know...", she said. "How about sharing with a room?", I suggested. "Sure! That would be nice!", I said. "Mom and Uncle Dan. Then my cousin, his wife, and 2 children in one room. Candice and you. Then me and Nick.", I said. "Sounds like a plan.", she said. "I'll order some food.", I said. "Oh, there is no need.", she said. "Why?" I asked. "Your mom ordered some rotisserie, and all those shit.", she said. "I see... Okay then.", I said and sat down in the first bedroom and sighed. "What time is it?", I asked. "10 AM. Why?", she asked. "Nothing..", I sighed. "What's wrong? You looked tense.", she said. "Oh, nothing. It's just. This is the place where I was planning to propose to Sam, but it seems that's not the case anymore.", I said. "Hey Dream! There is an extra room here! The woman said there are only 4 rooms. There's an extra here.", she said. "Should I invite Sam? I mean, she is still a friend to my family.", I said. "Sure, it's your birthday, after all, she said. "Thanks! I'll just make the call.", I said and called her. She said yes as we wait for them to arrive. 

 The first to arrive was my family, then my uncle, my best friend, and Sam hadn't arrived yet. "Hey, guys! Thank you all for coming! I know I could've given more, but this is the only thing I can manage. Enjoy your day, and Happy Birthday to Dream!", Lia cheered making them sing a happy birthday to me. I huge smile appear on my face as I looked at Lia with an unknown feeling. A feeling of both contentment and warmth that makes my stomach flutter. 

 What is this feeling?