7 - Enrollment

Dream's Point of View

 The scent of pancakes woke me up. Getting up from the couch, feeling my backache, I walked to the kitchen to see her already eating her pancakes. "Morning Clay!", Drista squealed. "Been a long time since anyone called me that.", I rolled my eyes and sighed. "Where'd you get that?", I asked. "Oh, the receptionist gave this to us. She also gave you a paper with some number on it.", she shrugged, munching on the pancake. I looked at the paper on the table and cringed. 

'Call me Hottie! *-*****'.

 What is up with women throwing themselves to men. I ain't that attractive! I groaned and throw away the paper. "What's wrong?", Drista asked. "Oh, nothing. Some adult stuff discuss there. Anyways, leave some for me.", I said while walking towards the table as she cut a piece of pancake and spooned me a pancake. Savoring the pancake's flavor with maple syrup. I moaned in delight as I heard a giggle. "Ew, did you just moan?", Drista giggled making me glare at her. "The pancake is delicious okay!", I groaned.

 "Yeah, okay Clay.", she smiled and moved the plate to me. She stood up and walked to the living room where I left my laptop. My guess, she was about to look at my private tabs, but I heard the sounds of Minecraft blocks getting placed. I brought my phone out and started watching some football. After cleaning the dishes and a finished match of football, I walked outside to buy some milk and cereal as Drista is gonna need it. I also need to find her some school where she can study. I mean, she's just 10. I searched some school near Washington since that is where I will be living next year after the house is made and it's just a 15-minute drive. Searching for schools and saw a private school near Washington

. I quickly checked the background and saw that many doctors and architects graduated elementary there. I immediately enrolled Drista as it was mid-August now. "Hey Drista?", I called out. She then walked inside the kitchen. "Hey Clay. What's wrong?", she asked. "Get dressed. We're going somewhere.", I said, earning a nod. I walked to my room and showered, wore my jeans and shirt, and left with my phone and keys, Drista following behind me. We walked to my car and drove to the school. We arrived at the school. Getting out of the car with Drista behind me looking at me nervously. We walked inside the campus and into the Faculty room. We were greeted by the teachers smiling at us. "Good morning sir.", A middle-aged woman greeted. "Good morning. May I ask where is the principal of the campus?", I asked. "Oh, just wait here. I will call for her.", another woman who looked like 26 said, and left. I and Drista sat down on the chair respectfully with Drista's report hand, birth certificate, and all of the things needed for enrollment. Soon, a woman with blonde hair with a tiny waist walked in. She looked like the age of 21 which was surprising.

 "Good morning Mr. Dream.", the woman melodiously said. "Good morning Ms. Kessel.", I greeted with a smile on my face. "Please, follow me. I just need you to sign some papers and have a quick entrance exam for your child.", she said making me chuckle weirdly. "Oh no, this isn't my child. This is my sister, Drista.", I said. "I see, I am sorry. Come.", she said as she walked inside the door on the right side of the room. She locked the door and sat down at the other side of the table, handing Drista the exam papers, and sat on the desk beside where I and Ms. Kessel are sitting. "While Ms. Anderson answers the small exam. I would like to have her past report card, Birth certificate, and whatnot.", Ms. Kessel said. I gave her the papers as she reads them. She nodded slightly and handed it back to me. "I will need a photocopy of the birth certificate and the report card. You can come back tomorrow if you don't have it.", Ms. Kessel said. "Oh, no. It is not necessary. I have a copy here.", I said and opened the folder I was holding and gave it to her as she gave the birth certificate and report card. "Thank you.", Ms. Kessel smiled. Drista gave her the exam papers as Ms. Kessel checked them.

 "I am impressed. Welcome to Washington Elementary School. I am your principal, Ms. Sam Kessel, you can call me Sam or Ms. Kessel. Just go to the registrar's office and pay for the school fees. You can also buy a locker for your sister. I hope you have a wonderful day ahead. The school would be starting in 3 days.", Ms. Kessel said with a smile as Mr and Drista stood up with a thank youz then left the room. I smiled at Drista who is glaring at me. "You didn't tell me we would be enrolling in school.", She said. "Well, you didn't ask.", I chuckled as we walked to the registrar's office. "Good morning sir.", a man behind the glass pane said. "Good morning. Is this the registrar's office?", I asked. "Yes sir this is it.", the man smiled. Drista then hands him the paper that Ms. Kessel gave to her. The man started typing on his computer.

"How much is it?", I asked. "1000 dollars then every quarter, another 500.", the man said. I gave him my credit card as I paid for it. We walked to the cafeteria and saw that they were selling some uniforms. "Good morning. Can I buy some uniforms?", I asked. "Yes sir, you can. I just need the size.", she said with a smile. We said Drista's size as she gave it to her. Drista tried it on and it fitted perfectly on her. I paid for it and said my thanks before leaving the school. "School starts in 3 days' time Drista. We better buy your school stuff.", I said making her grumble. "We will eat first. It's 12.", I chuckled making her jump. "Yay! Can we go to Chick-fil-a?", She begged. "Sure sis, we can go eat there.", I said and drove off into the city.

And that is it for the chapter!

If you aren't already, please vote, comment on your favorite part, or any improvements I should make to make my writing better. Bye guys! Love you all!