"Everyone kept it low after that. But, Daryl took off to find him. So, a few of us followed," I continue, "Maggie got sick, so some others were gonna take her to Hilltop."

Kate's eyes widen and I could feel that goddamn lump in my throat again.

"They were caught," Eric says, recalling what Aaron told him, "They had traps on each road on the way there. They set them up."

"And we- Daryl, Michonne, Rosita, dad, and I," I say, looking to the ground so I didn't have to endure the eye contact, "Dwight found us. Shot Daryl in the shoulder- but he's fine. Last time I saw him, he was fine."

"Last time you saw him?" Kate repeats.

"They got us all together. Negan-" I breathe, his name alone making me sick, "Negan wasn't in that outpost. He was there. Him and about a hundred other Saviors."

"Shit," Kate hisses, looking around at a loss.

"He," I pause, swallowing.

Breathe, Jade..

"He put us in a lineup.." I trail off, looking up to the sky and forcing the tears away.

I can't say it..

"Jade?" Kate questions and I don't have it in me to look at her.

I remember what Carl said yesterday. They had no idea about any of this, it needed to come from someone close. Someone who loves them and cares about how they'll feel after they find out.

I force myself to regain control, breathing deeply for a second or so.

I look back to them, stepping closer.

"He killed Abraham," I say then look to Kate, "Then dad."

"Oh my god," Tara gasps.

Kate's head shakes, denial setting in.

"In front of us all. Then, he took Rick somewhere else. When they came back, he threatened Carl. Nearly made Rick cut Carl's hand off. Rick broke and Negan got what he wanted," I say, feeling myself shut down as I say the words.

We all knew what happened- I didn't need to talk about the events until now. Speaking the reality of that night made me feel like I was reliving it in a cruel way.

"They're making us provide for them. For Negan. We do anything out of line, he'll kill someone- if not everyone," I explain.

"They were just here a few days ago," Eric speaks up once more, "Rampaged through everything. Took all the medicine, everyone's beds, furniture.."

"They'll be back again soon. Rick and Aaron left out the other day to find more stuff for them," I say.

"And Maggie? You said she was sick, where is she? Is she okay?" Kate rambles.

"She's fine. She's at Hilltop with Doctor Carson. Carl went this morning to see her," I say.

"Why didn't you go?" Tara asks, her voice empty and raw. I could tell she was barely keeping herself together.

"Because I knew you two were coming back. And I'm kind of.. the only.. you know.." I trail off, glancing to Tara.

"The only one with medical knowledge," she says and I could almost hear the cries in her throat.

I stay quiet, not sure how else I could say anything else.

"I'm gonna go home," Tara says, not looking to any of us.

"Tara," I sigh, stepping to her.

"I just need some time," she says, not looking back as she makes her way to the medical house she and Denise shared.