Final decision

I turn the key and enter room, controlling my shaking hands I deeply breath in and let go of the handle, leaving door widely opened for him. I place some products bought before on the table and weird silence makes me surprised, I turn back searching for him and see Yibo still standing outside, hesitating to walk in. His a little widen, wondering eyes reminds me lost puppy and get a strong will to pet and take care of him

"Have you eaten yet?"

"What?"

"Come here, I'll cook something for us. You look tired, I'm hungry too"

"Zhan..."

"It's impolite when you refuse sincere invitation, I won't ask it again" he quickly comes in as I say strictly and closes the door, sitting down like obedient kid. I smile slightly and open the fridge, taking few eggs out from it. I find our conversation and situation unbearably awkward and just long for our old time, very short but still existed carefree, happy moments.

"You're living here all along?"

"No, as soon as I left prison, tried to find some job but...you know I'm good at nothing, I have no proper knowledge too. Plus that who wants to hire someone with criminal history? I did some one time work here and there and then...this place..."

"Were you looking for me here?" I ask and turn back, I don't expect him standing this close to me and stumble by surprise, he quickly places arm behind my waist to protect me from hitting the counter and our cheeks slightly touches. Only one second of feeling his warmth and smell makes my whole body shiver and slowly raise my head again, looking into his eyes, I can hear his loud heartbeat same as mine and Yibo says lowly "I wanted to make sure you're safe but...I couldn't find you"

"thank you" my sudden words startles him and Yibo moves back as I stand firmly again

"You still say this word so easily, what could I do deserving it?"

"For my dad, thanks for bringing him back to me. You couldn't find me because I'm living with him now"

"I took too much from you, it was just smallest thing I could do for you" he sits down again and cups his face while I set the table "I feel truly relieved you're safe and healthy Zhan" Yibo says with smile and feeling of guilt covers my mind, I want and need to make everything clear

"I...I was going to turn myself in as soon as I found out what you did. It isn't like I just...left you there to pay for my crime. But something..."

"I knew, no I guessed something happened to you. Never, even for one second I didn't think you just abandoned me, that you used me Zhan. So...you don't need to feel sorry for this" the fact he can exactly read through me, that he knows my mind and heart best, I needed to hear this the most during whose years "No matter what happens I'm sure only about one thing, I can always trust you"

"You came out from grandma's house today, am I right?" I try to change subject and at the same time find out more about him "how it happened, you live with her?"

"No but she is the one who helped me the most" his eyes sparkles with warmth and love "can you believe? Grandma recognized me right away when we met by chance. She said I was that boy from before who eats well. I found part time job at market nearby thanks to her, she told the owner I was trustworthy one. I don't earn much but it's kinda enough to...feed myself"

"Let's eat, it gonna get cold" I whisper and lower head, feeling I'm about to burst into tears. Who could imagine? Me owning more than Wang Yibo himself someday? I remember our meeting at that fateful night and can't find any resemblance between that rich snob and poor guy sitting in front of me now. So...my question is finally answered, it ended by him leaving, it ended by Yibo moving into my world forever.