Their parents were dressed in bright tracksuits, raving about their weekly exercise in the park. Though, Eomma was more enthusiastic about being fit while Appa just enjoyed the greenery. Not that he could blame him. Like Seunghyeon and Myungsuk, they were the three plump ones in the family while Taeyong and Eomma were like sticks. Well...Seunghyeon glanced down at Taeyong's bump.

"Ah, is that a little mouse I see," Appa hummed out, adjusting his glasses.

Laughing, Seunghyeon sat up as Taeyong tilted the phone towards him. "Hi, Eomma, Appa."

"Seunghyeon, where have you been?" Eomma asked.

"I was doing a write-up for one of my paintings," Seunghyeon explained. "To put in my portfolio."

Eomma nodded. "Ah, good. At least they're doing something to prepare you for the real world."

Seunghyeon rolled his eyes, chuckling. "I will get a job, Eomma. Don't worry."

"We just want you to get a good job," Appa insisted with a gentle smile.

"I know." He also knew they wouldn't get off his back until he actually started working, no matter what he said. Clearing his throat, Seunghyeon sat up. "How's Shanghai, by the way? How's work?"

"It's busy," Eomma said with a sigh. "But good."

"Things are going as scheduled," Appa added. "And"–Appa and Eomma glanced at each other–"we probably won't renew our contract when it's done."

Taeyong and Seunghyeon sat up. "What? Really?" Taeyong asked.

"But you've worked so hard to get to Shanghai? And you're going to only come back after a year?" Seunghyeon added. Working abroad was their life dream, and it took the boys so long to convince them to not give up and go. "If you're worried about Myungsuk and me, we're fine. We like living with Hyung," Seunghyeon insisted.

Taeyong nodded and leaned against Seunghyeon. "Same here."

Eomma and Appa shook their heads. "It's not that. We know you three are enjoying yourselves," Eomma said.

"But we–how do I say this? We realized after the year is over, we'll have achieved everything we wanted to do here," Appa explained. "And, we want to be there for the baby and be good grandparents."

Taeyong rubbed his bump and smiled weakly. "If that's what you want," he said, and Seunghyeon sensed Taeyong's pheromones sweeten. Cracking a smile, he nudged Taeyong's shoulder.

"Anyway." Seunghyeon cleared his throat. "Our summer plans? When are we going to the house?" The quaint house among rolling fields and tall cliffs was the epitome of summer. The year wasn't complete without visiting their grandparents' country home.

"I was thinking right after the baby shower," Taeyong said and turned to his phone. "If you two fly in on Saturday, we'll host in on Sunday. Then we leave on Monday for a week."

"Only a week?" Eomma asked. "We can try to get two. You should rest well. The fresh air will be good for the baby."

"I know," Taeyong sighed. "But the cafe will be busy. I can't leave for so long."

Seunghyeon furrowed his brows. "Why don't you just ask Kwangsun to take extra shifts for the time being?"

Taeyong chuckled. "I wish. But he's gone the whole summer."

Seunghyeon shot up. What?

"Who is Kwangsun?" Appa asked.

"He's one of my employees. He studies with Seunghyeon, actually. He's very nice and hardworking," Taeyong explained.

"Wait, wait, wait," Seunghyeon sputtered out. "Where's Kwangsun going?"

Taeyong raised his eyebrow. "To Nigeria." Seunghyeon's heart dropped. "I think he said for his cousin's wedding." Taeyong smiled and sighed. "It must be nice having family all over the world," Taeyong added before squinting at him. "Didn't you know?"

Seunghyeon felt a lump in his throat. "Uh– yeah. Yeah, of course, I knew. I just"–Seunghyeon ran his fingers through his hair– "forgot."

Taeyong eyed him for a moment before nodding, turning back to his phone, and continuing the conversation with their parents. "About Myungsuk's heat..."

Seunghyeon fell back. Weren't Kwangsun and him friends? Seunghyeon even planned on them hanging out over the summer. He didn't expect Kwangsun to tell him everything about himself but wasn't leaving the country for two months. At least he could have brought it up in passing. Kwangsun told Taeyong, so why didn't he tell him?

Seunghyeon's stomach twisted and he raked his fingers through his hair with a sigh, sinking deeper into the couch. Guess they weren't as close as he thought.