"Thank you, Alberta. Thank you so very much for... well... everything to be honest." I chuckled.

"I will never be able to repay or thank you enough for all that you have done for the both of us here today."

"There is nothing that you will ever need to repay or thank me for Dimitri. That is my daughter in that room..." She tilted her head towards my Roza's room.

"... and I want her happy. And I know that only you will ever be able to do that for her. She loves you more than she has ever loved anything or anyone in her whole entire life Dimitri. Just don't forget or take that for granted ever again. And you just be sure to make her happy from now on, that is how you can thank and repay me. She has been through far too much in her short life, things that you have no idea of yet, for the rest of her life not to be just as perfect as it possibly can be."

"I won't, I promise. Also, I want you to know that the reason that I didn't come to you is not because I don't trust you. Because I do trust you, Alberta. You are one of the two people on this campus that I trust most as a matter of a fact. I was just so worried that if anyone found out about how I feel about Roza that she would somehow get penalized for it. I knew that you would have to report us, no matter how much you would hate it. Because that is your job. And I just couldn't take the chance of Roza getting into trouble or of us being separated. But please know that I do in fact trust you, please know that. I trust you with my Roza's life, and that is more than I trust anyone else in this world aside from my Roza herself."

She laughed. "Good. And thank you for that trust, I do understand how worried you were. But just so you know, job or not, I would never have reported either one of you. As I said, Rose is my daughter Dimitri. Just because I wasn't the one that gave birth to her does not make her any the less my daughter. And if you need anything else, especially about my daughter, please come to me next time."

"I will, and I agree with what you said earlier, she has been through far too much that I do know about, without me by her side. But that won't happen ever again, from now on she is the main focus of my life. I give you my word on that Alberta. I love that woman soooo damn much, and now that I know that we can be together. Nothing and no one in this world will ever keep me from being right by her side every single step of the way ever again. Or stop me from telling and showing her, and the rest of the world, just how much I love her. And doing so for the rest of our lives."

"That's good Dimitri, that's very very very good. That will keep you in one piece. Don't hurt her again because no matter how much I like you, I will hurt you one hundred times worse. Not to mention what all the others will do to you, especially Abe, Pavel and Sergei. Do you understand what I am telling you?"

"Yes ma'am, I understand perfectly."

"Good, good. That's very good."

Before she could turn away, I asked. "Alberta?"

"Yes?"

"How did you know that there was something wrong with my Roza?"

She smiled sadly. "Emil was walking on the sidewalk underneath her window, heading out to do his perimeter shift, when he heard her singing and playing her guitar. So he knew that she was very upset about something, he just didn't know what that something was. So he called me." She shrugged.

"He is one of the ones, on campus, that knows the truth about who my Roza really is, isn't he?"

"Yes indeed, he most certainly is. Emil, Celeste, Yuri, Kirova as I previously stated, Tamara, Serena, Lissa, Dr. Oldenzki and myself."