Chapter 15: Saving The Dokis (Monika)

I eventually made it home and was right about to open my door until I heard my notification chime

*Beep* *Beep*

I checked it

(TXT MESSAGE) Monika: “Hello MC...I know it’s kind of  late but can we meet and talk?”

Thinking about it for a second I typed in my response and sent it to her

(TXT MESSAGE) Mc: “Sure..where?”

(TXT MESSAGE) Monika: “At this place here’s the address, meet me there in ten minutes”

(TXT MESSAGE) Mc: “I’ll be there”

I turned off my phone

Mc: “Well...I didn’t want to sleep anyways…”

I started making my way to the address I arrived around 10 minutes later. I was in front of a park which was pretty empty. I saw a brown haired girl sitting alone on a bench...with a bunch of...Composition books?

Mc: “Monika?”

Monika: “MC?...MC!...Hi...Sorry for dragging you out here”

Mc: “So what’s up you didn’t call me up here late at night, in a completely empty park, to murder me did you?...and what’s with the notebooks?”

I was half joking

Monika: “No, No, No...I just wanted to talk to someone...I have been having problems and these are just things I write in”

Mc: “Oh?”

Monika: “I don’t know this may sound stupid but I work so hard and my dad does not even know I exist...I take on as many things as I can, I am a straight A student, I created my own Club from the ground up, I’m so tired...You know? ..*sigh* I think he’s disappointed that I was born as a girl”

Mc: “Monika?…”

Monika: “I”m sorry...It was selfish of me to drag you out here just to hear my troubles”

Mc: “Monika!”

Monika: “Yeah?”

Mc: “I won’t sugarcoat it your father... is an idiot”

Monika: “What?”

She seemed taken aback at my statement

Mc: “If your own father won’t take the time to notice all the amazing things you have done then, please excuse my english but he’s a fucking idiot... you shouldn't be trying to jump through hoops for him because in the end you should be doing this for you not for him”

Monika: “I suppose so…”

Mc: “I know I am right, because if you were really doing this for your father you wouldn't have put all of your heart in it and the way I see you lead the Literature Club you give it your all and put 100% of your heart in it.”

Monika: “I'm glad that you notice...ahaha”

Mc: “And I will continue noticing these things Monika,.... If your father won’t I will”

Monika: “T-Thank You MC”

I can’t believe out of all people Monika came to me for advice and help. I really don’t know what i’m doing, I guess i’ll do what I have done with all the other girls and try to comfort her the best I can, I can tell Monika is holding back tears..

Mc: “Now come on, don’t cry...You can always count on me as a person to talk to if you are ever feeling down okay?”

Monika: “...Yeah, I’m really sorry that I brought you down here this was something that really could have been done over the phone”