xii. Nightmares

Jungkook suddenly jolted up, now sitting on his bed while breathing profusely as he ran his hand through his hair. "It felt so real." He whispered to himself before looking around to see Taehyung's bed empty and untouched.

Where could hyung be?, he thinks as he runs a hand through his hair yet again only to realize he was indeed still trembling. Which was so unlike him, the man's killed with his bare hands without second thought before.

He dreamed of the crash. The same crash that killed his parents and took away his memories. All of his childhood wiped away instantly. No wonder he seemed so cold, so heartless. Childhood, the part of your life where you're most free and most innocent, under the care and love of your parents. He had no memory of it, or so he thought. Realizing that he had somehow remembered what he forgot, he quickly tried to recall his dream— or rather nightmare.

He was sitting in the back of a car, a small one. Kicking his skinny legs around in boredom. It was then the man behind the steering wheel began panicking, while frantically gripping the steering wheel but not moving. Almost like he lost control.

There was a woman next to him. It must have been his mother and his father? She watched her husband with horror in her eyes before turning back to Jungkook. She looked so much like him, the same nose and eyes.

She quickly put out her hands to which he put his own into.

"I love you my son, I love you so much, Please God, Save my son" She whispered as she looked into his eyes.

"EOMMA!" he screamed right before it happened.

We crashed.

Into what? He can't remember, that's when he woke up.

Jungkook began to tremble again and so he stood up from his bed looking at the alarm clock. 5:00 AM the clock read. That wasn't too bad. He's woken up at this time plenty of times. A great time to kidnap and also a regular time to start driving if they had a shipment in the city rather than the port or Akron itself.

Jungkook's focus switched to his hyung. He was sure he came back home after they found him and Jennie. Though he's still not on speaking terms with any of his hyungs, so he could be wrong. Still he knew his hyung well enough as he began walking straight to the balcony window.

And there he was. Taehyung was staring right out the window, though the view wasn't anything special. It's a habit of some sort, back at the base there are huge windows looking out to the ocean. It might even be the best view in Akron, and of course it wasn't cheap.

Gangs like BTS aren't self made, there's a mastermind behind them, or maybe two. These masterminds are better know as the higher ups, at top command. They decide when to attack, who to attack, what to supply, who to supply it too, they even decide who can and cannot join the gangs, but of course before you even contact the higher ups you have to go through the gang leader first, Namjoon of BTS or Suho of EXT, the two finest, and only, gangs of Akron. Though Bambam of EXT has quite a bit of power himself, many wonder how he got it.

"Why are you awake" Taehyung asks gruffly, bringing Jungkook out of his thoughts. "I'm sure you're awake because of Jennie, right hyung?" Jungkook said with slight coldness in his voice as he continued to stare out the window with Taehyung. "Pester me all you want about her, but I will not allow you to say anything about her" Taehyung responded already on edge.

"Wow, after all she did, you'll still defend her, I acclaim you for that." Jungkook says now utterly mocking Taehyung, complete with applause, as he acts like the little brother he truly is. "Mind keeping quiet, Jimin hyung is still asleep" Taehyung scolds. "Well he's only in need of sleep because you went missing" Jungkook fires back.

He knows how to annoy a person. But he doesn't know when he crosses the lines.

"Jennie Ruby Jane, a true bitch am I right? Practically a ho-"

"FINISH THAT SENTENCE" Taehyung shouts as he finally turns towards Jungkook.

"hoe, she's a hoe!" Jungkook says looking Taehyung dead in the eye. Then in less than 3 seconds Taehyung grabbed Jungkook's collar with a punch square in the face.

"Could this not have waited until day!?" Jimin Yells as he comes out of his room pushing Taehyung away from Jungkook, who was currently sporting a fresh bruise right under his left eye. Without anymore words Taehyung stormed into his room and Jungkook was out the door leaving a clueless Jimin to himself.

Once it was getting later in the morning, Jungkook figured the best place to go is Lisa's dorm. He can't go to the base, he doesn't want to see his hyungs and well . . . he wanted to see Lisa. He still didn't know what he found so appealing about her, sure she's beautiful, and kind but that isn't what keeps pulling him back in. Was it because she's a mystery to him? Showing up this year to begin college, being tied to EXT's most dangerous member, roommates with Jennie noona . . . Lisa's situation was screaming for his attention. But that still wasn't it.

Was it perhaps because he loved her?

No no, that can't be it, it's too soon, he's never loved a girl before. But then again, are there rules to love? Perhaps nothing stood in the way of love, it might just be his mother's love that saved him that day. We would never know.

Jungkook once again threw his rope up to Lisa's window and began to climb. What he didn't know is that a girl was watching him from his window, what was her name again . . . oh, Wendy.

He gave the window a few taps but no one responded, and the curtains were down again. He was sure she'd be sleeping at this time, she must be tired from last night. He kept tapping but still nothing, except for a few sounds from the inside. He pressed his ear against the window trying to catch the sound.

"Unnie, he's here again" 

"How are you sure it's him Lisa?"

"Well he's the only one who taps my windows!"

"Ignore it, he'll go away, if not I'll tell one of his hyungs" 

"No, we can't do that unnie, his hyungs don't know he's in contact with Lisa at all" Jennie voiced. Jungkook was sure it was Jennie. So she was avoiding him. Jennie was making her. 

It was curious that Jennie would do that, she's overall heartless, why would she work so hard to make sure Lisa stayed away from me. Or actually, she wants him to stay away from her. Like his hyungs. And suddenly it clicked, Jennie's was in on this.

He quickly pulled his rope down and walked off to his bike. He can't believe it. Jennie was in on this little secret too, but not him. What the hell! 

Let's just say Jungkook won't be making up with his hyungs anytime soon. But was he supposed to do about Lisa. He can't just give up on her. What Jeon Jungkook wants, Jeon Jungkook gets. And that's a promise.