ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 48

𝑳𝒊𝒏𝒂

"That's absurd! Having that power will only put a target on her back, she will be seen as a threat!" Enzo said stepping in front to block out Draco's view of me.

But I still had a clear view of him.

His sunken eyes with deep dark bags and cheeks that had nothing but dried tears on them. Draco looked like a complete mess.

"It's the only way! If Bellatrix consumes Voldemort's power then she will kill all of us and if Riddle gets the power it will change him into becoming the same monster that took years to get rid of. He will become the son Voldemort always wanted. Lina is pure, if she gets the power then she will be able to control it, but if she doesn't then that allows anyone to get it and we both know all the death eaters are going to be lined up for the chance."

"It isn't that simple, there is consequences when restoring powers in another person. I'm not going to put her through that!" Theo shouted taking a step in front of Draco.

"You have no choice! You take his magic then you will lose her and as much as I hate to admit it she needs you! The real you Riddle and if you get Voldemort's power then she will die. It will finally click for you that she is your weakness and that will be a threat to your mind!"

It made sense, I was the one person Theo loved. Or cared for but if he got Voldemort's magic and it changed him then that love will turn into hatred for making him the one thing he was taught to utterly despise.

Weak.

"What are the consequences?" Lisette asked.

"Not sure, but I'm pretty sure Malfoy knows. Bellatrix must have figured it out by now what she's going to do to herself am I right?" Theo chuckled.

Draco shook his head "She knows she has to put all the horcruxes together, she has many death eaters it wasn't hard for her to put them to work and figure it out. They learned that magic doesn't belong to anyone but Voldemort so she knew it would only make it harder" he paused swallowing deeply showing his adam's apple bobbing up and down.

"Whoever gets his magic will go through an indescribable amount of torture" Draco sighed

"Like the cruciatus curse?" Maurice asked

"Worse, it will be like the killing curse but you do not die. It will be what seems like an endless amount of death until your body accepts the magic."

"How long?" Enzo spoke.

"Hard to tell, Bellatrix believes it's up to the body. The darker you are, the easier it is, but the more pure, the longer it takes"

"No. Lina isn't going through that and it's final" Theo spat.

"Yes I am" I said and all heads turned to me.

"You are not taking his magic if it changes you Theo, or else there will be no point in all of this. If you have his magic you will lose me. I will lose you. So if I'm the only option then yes I'll do it.

"People are going to try and kill you" Enzo explained

"I will have the magic to protect me and all of you. Besides if this magic really is as powerful then I doubt others will come for me, they'll only be expecting to die" I shrugged. Draco had his head down, ashamed of everything he was asking of me, ashamed of himself and I knew it.

A part of me hurt seeing him like this. It must've been the memories or moments we had that were either false or real but I needed to comfort him.

I stepped in front of Theo and Enzo, steadily and I nodded towards both of them, allowing them to trust me while I strode to Draco who stood motionless. The silence was horrific, I despised it. I also realized nobody dared to say a word but instead were trying to figure out what I was doing.