"Okay."

"Did you tell your parents?" Sawai Bhawani Singh asked.

"No, I informed you two after speaking with Vrishali's parents. They are keeping it a surprise for Vrishali. They are happy with the decision."

"Good, let's have dinner together tonight. You two be there by nine," Sawai Bhawani Singh said.

"Yes dadasa (grandpa)"

Diya Kumari stopped listening to his son's words. She stood up straight and walked to the other side knowing Padmanabh would be stepping out soon.

"Vrishali is going back to New York," Diya Kumari told herself with a huge smile on her face.

She was going to meet Padmanabh when she heard that he came to the city palace. She didn't expect to hear all this, she is happy that she heard about it.

"I will be leaving now, I have some work in the office," Padmanabh said standing up. He touched the feet of his grandparents before leaving.

He feels heavy just thinking about Vrishali going back to New York. He told himself that's it's okay and she will be back soon.

Padmanabh was always alone, Vrishali entered his life like a little girl. Without him knowing he always felt the urge and need to look after her because of the age gap and also when he saw the dislike of his mother towards Vrishali.

She is twenty years old and never lived in India that made him think about her a lot. He saw her as a little kid from the day he saw her in the Samode Palace. Trying to make her feel comfortable and spending time with her made him feel attached to her.

Padmanabh is attached to Vrishali and now he isn't okay with the feeling.

*

Vrishali yawned grabbing her phone, she wore jeans and a marvel t-shirt. She walked out of her room closing the door behind. Padmanabh is standing in front of his door.

"Why are we going to the city palace?" Vrishali asked as they started walking.

"Dadaji (grandpa) and dadima (grandma) invited us for dinner."

"Oh, why all of sudden?" Vrishali asked looking at Padmanabh. For some reasons, he is being distant from Vrishali.

Vrishali observed that he is standing far away from her, he isn't responding to her talks. Usually, he would talk and start a conversation.

But from a few days, he is zooming out or giving her one-word answers. Vrishali doesn't know what's going on with him. Or if something happened.

They got into the car, Vrishali buckled her seatbelt. Padmanabh started driving without talking or muttering a word.

Vrishali looked out of the window watching the passing scene. She can feel the bad vibes and something about the dinner doesn't feel right.

They reached the city palace, the guards bowed their head in respect and greeted Padmanabh and Vrishali.

Padmanabh and Vrishali greeted them back respectfully. Vrishali followed Padmanabh silently.

"Kamma gani."

"Gani kamma."

"Kamma gani."

"Gani kamma."

The greetings are exchanged and blessings are taken. Diya Kumari and Narendra are yet to come. Vrishali needs to use the washroom as she got periods in the morning.

"I will be back," Vrishali said standing up. Padmanabh and Sawai Bhawani Singh are talking about something.

Vrishali started walking towards the hallway where there is a common restroom. Vrishali used the washroom, stood in front of the mirror for two minutes just gazing at her reflection.