chapter 90 ~ 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏

Start bij het begin

       "Thank you for agreeing with us, angel," he murmured. "I know this is gonna be rough, but I promise it'll be worth it.

       She only squeezed him tighter, hiding her face away in the crook of his neck. Seokjin glanced over her head at Yoongi to find the brunet eyeing them quietly as his tongue jabbed at the inside of his cheek. He looked lost in his own headspace, so instead, Seokjin turned to Kiana and addressed her.

     "When do you think we should set the court date?"

      "Now."

      "Now?"

      "Call your lawyer." Kiana jabbed Yumin in the side. "Now, please?"

      The brunette backed away from him and reached back towards her nightstand to retrieve her phone. She stared at it for a moment before dialing her lawyer's office number from memory, pressing the device to her ear and slumping back down against Jin's chest. He accepted her with open arms and eventually let her drop down to his lap, her head resting atop his toned thighs as he ran his fingers through her curly hair.

       Seokjin could hear the other side of the conversation through the speakers of her phone, not caring as he leaned closer to hear the man's voice on the other end. Yumin spoke in muted replies with only simple responses; it sounded as if she dreaded the phone call more than anything and he wouldn't be surprised if she did. The last thing Yumin, or anybody for that matter, wanted to do that day was convict someone of various charges, but it had to be done. Yura couldn't be out on the streets any longer. Jin feared he would do something else to Yumin.

       And soon.

       After another couple of minutes, Yumin placed her phone atop her thigh and shut her eyes tight. A sigh escaped her pink lips and the brunet resisted the urge to bend down and press a kiss against them.

       "Chanyoung already contacted the police. They're notifying Yura of his charges within the next day." She shifted in place, reaching up to pull Seokjin's hand down against her abdomen before lacing their fingers together. "If he agrees to show up, the case won't be scheduled for at least another couple of weeks."

       "Weeks!?" complained Yoongi, to which Yumin only nodded. Her eyes remained closed and she sat with such calmness that they could only assume she was internally rattled.

       "There's a lot going on and since these charges are several months, even years old..." The brunette shrugged. "At least there's a possibility."

       Seokjin sighed heavily, casting his gaze back at his boyfriend and holding eye contact for several seconds. If the court case was scheduled, they wouldn't be able to attend until after the other members returned home from their military service. Namjoon and Hoseok had no clue what was happening in their home, just hours away from where they were based, and yet they'd return home to a hell of a lot more shit than he had. At least Seokjin had had Yoongi to notify him beforehand, but no amount of warning could prepare them for the whirl of shit they'd come to face.

_

     Days had gone by and I'd received a call from my lawyer, Chanyoung, that Yura had been notified about the court appearance and was willing to show. My heart did flips of relief in my chest as I realized I was even closer to the end, closer to ending all the struggles I'd endured, and would finally be able to be happy. But, Yura knew now what was happening. At any moment he could strike and do horrid damage to not just myself but everyone else I was with. Kiana, Seokjin, Jungkook, Jimin, Taehyung.