"Your metabolism burns four times faster than the average person. He thought it could be one of the side effects."

"Dottie told me," I chuckle at the memory. "She told me that once she turned 21 she went to a pub in Ireland, and she drank around 5 pints of beer and still wasn't drunk. She said the owners of the pub were both impressed and scared at the same time."

"It wasn't your fault."

"Did you read the reports?"

"Yes."

"Then you know that's not true."

"You did everything you could. Did you believe in your friend? Did you respect him? Then stop blaming yourself. Allow Barnes the dignity of his choice. He damn must have thought you were worth it."

"I didn't even notice when Dottie was taken though, she was there and then she was gone. She was right there, I should..."

"Steven Grant Rogers, I order you to stop blaming yourself. It's not your fault, so stop it."

"I'm goin after Schmidt. I'm not gonna stop til all of hydra is dead or captured."

"You won't be alone. Also this was left for Dorothy from Bucky, you are the closest to either of them. So, you take it."

I look at what she has, it's a letter addressed to Dottie from Bucky.

Time skip

"Johann Schmidt belongs in a bug house. He thinks he's a God. He's willing to blow up half the world to prove it, starting with the USA." Colonel Philips said while we are trying to make up a plan to defeat Hydra.

Howard joined in, "Schmidt's working with powers beyond our capabilities. He gets across the Atlantic, he will wipe out the entire eastern sea board in an hour."

"How much time do we got?" Gabe Jones asked.

"According to my new best friend, "colonel Philips said referring to Zola. "Under twenty-four hours."

"Where is he now?"

"Hydra last base is here." Philips said pointing to a map. "In the alps. Five hundred feet below the surface."

"So, what are we supposed to do? I mean, it's not like we can just knock on the front door." Morita asked.

"Why not? That's exactly what we are going to do." I told them.

We invade the base, I end up getting captured, just like the plan. I end being taken to Schmidt's lab.

"Arrogance may not be a uniquely American trait, but I must say you do it better than anyone. But there are limits to what even you can do, Captain. Or did Erskine tell you otherwise?" Schmidt tells me as I get into his lab.

"He told me you were insane."

"Ah. He resented my genius and tried to deny me what was rightfully mine. But he gave you everything. So, what made you so special?"

"Nothin. I'm gust a kid from Brooklyn."

Schmidt starts to punch me, "I can do this all day."