THE DAY I LOST HER

Hi guys....A quick update to celebrate 150+ upvotes 🎉🎉. Thank you so much ❤️❤️!! Eye Siwaphon who acted as Puifai in Tharntype the series is Fai in this story. Hope you guys like this chapter 😇. I will update the next chapter in a few days. Keep supporting ❤️❤️!!

~*****~

   Gulf and Fai knew each other since high school. They became best friends at first and their relationship gradually changed. Gulf confessed his feelings to Fai when they were in college and Fai happily accepted him. They also introduced each other to their parents and they loved them like their own children. They knew everything about each other and everyone around them wanted them to get married once they graduate. Fai's birthday is coming in a few days and it was their first anniversary that day. So Gulf wanted to take her somewhere different and special. Fai really loved sceneries. She would happily watch sunrise and sunset for a long time without getting bored. The clouds and the rain were her favorites too. In short, she loved nature. Gulf liked the mountains and hills. Climbing them and reaching their peaks gave Gulf a sense of satisfaction and achievement that nothing else can. So, he decided to take Fai paragliding for their anniversary date. Though Fai was hesitant initially, she agreed to go with him but was quite afraid of heights and Gulf didn't know. She didn't tell him as she didn't want to see him hurt. Gulf was quite excited when he told her about this and it was their anniversary, so she didn't want to change or cancel the plan. If Gulf was with her, she will be fine, she thought to herself.

~*****~

   It was a bright and lively evening and there were a lot of people admiring the view from the blue hill. Gulf and Fai wanted to go there for so long as both of them loved hills and mountains. They started off by noon and by the time they reached, it was 5pm already. Though hill climbing was tiring and exhausting, the view that they got to see and the calming orange coloured sun shining beautifully took their tiredness away. It takes lots of determination and stamina to do so as the hill was pretty steep. They were welcomed by tall trees and beautiful birds. There were a lot of people with small stalls set up here and there to make the place more attractive and lively. They ate snacks from one of the stalls and settled to sit down. A paragliding stall caught their attention. Fai was hesitant as she was afraid of heights but seeing Gulf excited she agreed. She thought she could handle it. Gulf saw the hesitant look she had and he convinced her that everything will be ok.

   Gulf and Fai were the last ones left to glide. The sun has started to set a little earlier than usual so Fai was a little concerned regarding their safety but Gulf and the stall owners assured him that they would be fine. And so they flew, like free birds in the sky. The air humming in their ears, the feeling that they are far up in the world, the feeling of being set free was so overwhelming and exciting. Gulf was totally enjoying it. Fai in the other hand was completely nervous. She didn't have the courage to look down as the sight would haunt her and that would make Gulf worried. She closed her eyes, thinking of every good memory she had with Gulf. The flashes of memories that appeared gave her strength. When she opened her eyes, she saw a smiling Gulf right in front of her and magically, all her fears went away. They asked the staff to take pictures of them holding hands together and doing the usual cute couple stuff. Finally, Fai was enjoying every single moment and looked at Gulf with love in her eyes, feeling happy to have met him and having him as the love of her life.

   But after a few minutes, the weather became unpredictable. Wind blew faster than it should. Trees were shaking violently and birds were flying away like their lives were in danger. And just like that, the sunny evening turned into a disaster. Their lives were in danger. They were whooshed aimlessly in a dangerous speed. Due to the high speed and wind whooshing, Gulf couldn't find Fai but could only hear a faint "Gulf, are you there, hang on, we will be safe, I love you" from Fai. His parachute got stuck in a huge tree and that's when he got unconscious.

   It was morning by the time he regained consciousness. He was greeted by a loud noise from a group of police officers trying to rescue him. With a little difficulty, they were able to bring Gulf down. The first instinct of Gulf was to search for his girlfriend and not look at how he was doing. He kept shouting "Where is my Fai" to the policemen like a madman. "Let's get you safe and checked while we search for her ok. Tell us how she looks like" asked one of the policemen. Gulf luckily found his cellphone in his pocket showed a photo of her smiling to them. The policeman's expression quickly changed. Gulf started to panic seeing his expression and gradually started turning pale. He prayed that whatever he is thinking right now should not be true. He doesn't want her to be in a coma, lost limbs, or the worst, DIE!

   Gulf was immediately rushed to the hospital. He was taken to a woman fighting for her life in another hospital bed to identify who she was. The doctors told him that she had excessive internal bleeding as she was hit in the head by a big rock and she only has a few minutes left. Gulf froze. Fai took off the oxygen mask from her face and said softly, "I know what you feel Gulf. This is not your fault. Stop feeling guilty. I don't want to die but I guess my time here is over. Just know that I have no regrets, loving you made me so happy. I want you to live the rest of your life with happiness. Tell mom and Dad that I miss them." Gulf was sobbing. He couldn't speak. He held her hands so tight never wanting to let go. "I love you Gulf" mouthed Fai with a smile and a tear in her eye as the she breathed her last.

   Gulf turned pale. He couldn't believe what was going on for a few seconds. This was the first person that he is seeing who died right in front of his eyes. The silence in the room is deafening. The room was suffocating. Guilt was chocking, heart breaking. The wheelchair in which he was sitting felt like he was sitting in a bunch of thorns. He wanted this to be a nightmare but sadly it was not. He started shouting "Fai don't leave me alone like this. Don't you dare leave me on our freaking anniversary? How could you do this to me? How can I live with myself knowing that you are dead because of me? This happened because I chose this place. If we had gone to a picnic together, stayed at our houses, had assignments or even fought, you would have been there with me. I did this to you. I will never be able to forgive myself." and tears started flowing like a river. Nurses came and made him lie down in a bed. They couldn't control him. Two of them were holding his hands and legs and one was about to inject a mild tranquilizer.

   Hearing the noise from the nearby bed, a man in his mid-twenties came to see what the cause was. Sensing that the man is undergoing a panic attack, he wanted to go to him and comfort him. "I am a psychologist, I will help calm him down" he said. Nurses were relieved. He caressed his shoulders, saying "Everything will be ok, just hold on. I will be there for you". Though he was feeling a mixture of heartbreak, sadness and anger, this one sentence from a complete stranger made him feel warm and calm. This was the last thing that Gulf heard after which he drifted off to sleep.