THE SURPRISE

Thank you so much for 200+ upvotes ❤️❤️ !!! I am back with the next chapter. Hope you guys will like the surprise. I will post the next chapter before Friday. Until then, Happy reading 😇😇

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    It's almost 1 am. Throughout the drive, Gulf kept pestering Mew several times by asking where they were going. Mew kept smiling saying, "If I told you, it would ruin the surprise". Unable to get the answer that he was expecting, Gulf stared at the window quietly with a pout in his face which Mew found adorable.

   Finally they reached their destination. Mew parked his car in the empty parking lot. Gulf, still clueless, asked "You drove all this time to come to an empty parking lot?" "You talk too much, I am sure you will love this place" said Mew while tying a black cloth as a substitute for a blindfold.

GULF'S POV

   "A blindfold? Seriously? This better be good" I said to mask my excitement. My heart beats fast as I eagerly wait to see my surprise. I was already overjoyed to see Mew coming to my house with my favorite cake. Just when I thought my day was over, he literally dragged me here. After walking for about 5 minutes, Mew shouts "Lights on". "You can open your eyes now" he said. I ripped the blindfold away and what I saw made me swoon.

   I was standing in front of a huge amusement park. It was a lovely sight. I have always loved amusement parks since I was a kid. We don't go there regularly as my sister gets an upset stomach whenever she goes for rides. It is no fun to go to an amusement park alone, so I never made it. But seeing this today made the child in me happy. I couldn't thank Mew enough for being so thoughtful.

   As I looked at him with stars in my eyes, he asked, "Do you like your surprise?". Does he still have no idea that I am absolutely mesmerized. I hug him tightly saying "I love it. This is the best birthday gift I could ever imagine. Thank you". Mew smiled at me saying "Let's go inside" as he held my hand.

   As we got inside, I was busy looking at the map that Mew gave me. It had the list and directions to all the rides. Firstly, I decided to try the merry go round. I don't care if Mew thinks that I am such a child. Merry-go-round was my favorite when I was a kid. Instead of making fun of me, he took me there and took photos for me. I thoroughly enjoyed it. The pictures were so cute. I wouldn't post it in my social media to save myself from embarrassment but keep these pictures safely as treasured memories. After several pleas and literally begging, Mew rode the merry go round too. He seemed to be so shy and uncomfortable at the beginning but still did it for me. Birthday baby privilege I guess. I am definitely taking some pictures to send them to his mom.

   After trying some more rides together, I look at the giant wheel in front of me as I munch some popcorn that we got from one of the stalls. "Can we try this together please? This is the last one, I promise" I say, sounding as adorable as possible. That always does the trick. "Sure. But after this, we are going home" he said. I happily nod my head and drag him to one of the passenger cabins. We sit opposite to each other and close the door tight. After we are done, Mew signals the operator to start.

   We were moving higher and higher at a slow pace. The wind whooshing slowly on our faces and the night sky decorated with twinkling stars and the full moon was a breathtaking sight to see. Once we reached the top, it stopped moving for some time. "This is absolutely amazing. How did you get the permission to use this place at this time?" I asked. "My schoolmate owns this place. So, I asked him if I can take you here for one night all alone. He happily agreed" he said. "I need to thank him then, for making this day memorable for me" I said smiling. "Then what about me?" he asked. "Of course I would thank you too. This would not have been possible without you" I said and he gave me a proud smile.

   "I received a lot of wishes from my friends, had a great time with my family, your mom called me too. But all the while, I was waiting for a single call, or at least a message from you. Why did you have to push it till the last minute?" I asked him as I was genuinely curious. "Generally, people wish you at 12 am or in the morning. You would think about it for a few seconds and then forget about it. I wanted to be different. I waited till the last minute as I wanted your last thought to be about me".

   As he said these words, I could see the sincerity in his eyes. He gently held my hands and smiled and it felt so right. Our eyes locked and we took our time, drowning in each other's eyes. We came closer and closer to each other. My heart was beating frantically and I could hear his heartbeat too. We were that close. Our faces were just a few inches apart. I have never had the urge to be kissed by him but tonight changed everything. I patiently waited for him to make a move but he seemed to be more interested in staring at me. I had to put in a lot of effort to peel my eyes from him and focus on his lips. As I was about to kiss him, a huge noise caught my attention. We turned around to see fireworks cracking from a distance. It had the words "Happy birthday Gulf" in red color. That warmed my heart. I looked at Mew impressed. Mew smiled at me while his entire face turned red. Shy Mew is adorable.

   The drive back home was filled with comfortable silence and occasional glances. Our faces lit up whenever we accidently tried to glance at each other quickly. My heart almost jumps out whenever our fingers accidentally touch. I gaze through the windows wondering what this warm, fuzzy, confusing and beautiful feeling is.