Memory Lane

Once the shelves turned squeaky clean Jin started arranging all the books from their title to color. He's deemed as the guy that has his life put together, he has plans, he's organized and most importantly he's a nerd. Jin thought that his life is already planned out but it wasn't and it took him a few years to realize that it doesn't need to be planned out that he needed to live by the moment. He needed to lose everything to understand that.

He continued organizing the book but he stopped when he saw a familiar book. It's still on the same shelf, same place, same color, and same memories. Jin tried to hold his smile but nostalgia came hitting him hard he had no choice but to pull it out. It's all dusty and dirty already even if it wasn't that old maybe three years or so? He doesn't remember exactly but it has been long yet the memories are fresh.

He used to read this book from time to time and it is still his favorite up until now. Romeo and Juliet is a book and story that always made him wonder how, how can someone die just to be with someone they love he also wondered how and when will he be able to that and he found an answer, he won't and he would never. Loving someone doesn't mean dying for them but rather showing all the love and affection by actions and feelings. 

He still remembered how he would always read this book at the farthest corner of this library. This same library that he always visited back when he was still in college. He as he already stated used to be a nerd with thick black glasses no braces though. He always held a book and always stayed in the library rather than going to places and hanging out he really ain't about those kinds of activities. He preferred solitude other than partying and noises.

Jin then decided to finish all his work and after that, he came back to his table. He's the librarian of his favorite library it's like achieving something big even if people told him that this job doesn't suit a smart and handsome guy like himself. He liked this job because it has every memory he had and this is the place where he learned all the lessons in life that made him a better person. Most importantly this is where he met the girl that made him realize how much fun it is to live carefree and happy. 

Jin is at the library again sitting at the very back with his glasses and his favorite book that he had read a million times now yet he never gets tired of it he really is a nerd. He enjoyed silence so the library is the perfect place for him but today is not one of those silent days. He busily flipped through the pages when all of a sudden a familiar girl sat beside him and peeked at what he's reading. Jin pinched the bridge of his nose and closed the book on her face that made the small girl pout cutely.

"Rude," she said and glared at Jin who glared back. He never had peace ever since this girl started pestering her and it all started when she saved his ass from the bullies. He is thankful but he didn't and will never need an acquaintance especially not a nosy and annoying girl like her.

"You never talk are you somewhat voiceless?" She cupped his face and stared at his eyes way too close. His breath hitched he isn't comfortable with the distance they have because just a few more inches and they'll kiss.  She finally pulled away and clicked her tongue angrily.

"I like the fact that I can spill all my thoughts and secrets to you and you won't tell it not even to your own soul since you don't speak at all but people think I'm talking to myself whenever I talk to you" she frowned and buried her head on the table. "What if I say something funny will you laugh?" Jin still didn't respond then all of a sudden it started raining and the loud thunder made her jump in fear which causes Jin to laugh out loud.

"Huh, unbelievable are guys like this now" Jin simply shrugged. Byul didn't leave even if Jin paid no attention to her she just told him everything she felt and Jin felt bad maybe he should just let her know that he's listening even if he isn't responding. He decided to write something in his palm and showed it to her.