Chapter 8: A Tricky Situation

Start from the beginning

"GYAH!" the robot screamed as he leaped away 10 feet in surprise from the enhanced shout, while spinning around to see who it was who shouted.

The yellow, licking robot glared at the one who scared him. "How dare you! You scared me half to death!" he complained with a wheezy voice, though still surprisingly well, considering his tongue was still hanging out, and unfortunately, still holding Nepgear.

"Dang it, I was hoping you'd drop my sister," Neptune responded.

"What? As if I could let such a cutie pie like this," the robot shook Nepgear a bit, as if to motion to her, "be taken by such a filthy creature like you!"

"Hey! Sure, I forgot to shower this morning, ...and yesterday too, but so what! Just because I smell a little bad, doesn't mean I'm filthy!" Neptune complained. "Just who do you think you are, anyway? Trying to take my little sister for yourself!"

"Me? Oh, well I am CFW Trick! A gentleman who cares for little cutie pies everywhere!"

"Yeah, some gentleman..." Neptune said in exasperation. "Release my sister now, you creep!"

"Oh, and why should I do that?"

Neptune growled. "Uzume! Plan B!"

Suddenly, there was a bright flash coming from behind Trick. He barely had time to look behind when Orange Heart flew over him, and performed a dropkick on his tongue, near where Nepgear was being held.

...Unfortunately, Uzume just bounced off the tongue, spinning off him and into the ground next to Neptune. And the tongue remained unaffected, Nepgear still as stuck as before.

"Owie..." Orange Heart cried.

"A goddess, huh?" Trick exclaimed. "Did you really think you could harm my tongue? It's the toughest part of my body!"

"It looks like this is going to be harder than we thought," Neptune said.

"Yeah..." Orange Heart replied.

Neptune tossed Orange Heart her megaphone, which immediately changed into its HDD form once she caught it, while the purplette then summoned her twin swords.

Orange Heart raised her microphone to attack, but then stopped. "Uh, Nepsy?"

"Yeah?" Neptune replied.

"Uzume can't use her megaphone!"

"D-did I break it or something!?"

"No! The soundwaves have a wide area of effect, and they might hit Lil's Gearsy!"

"O-oh, right..." Neptune replied. "And Nepgear hates loud sounds as well... You can use your fists, right?"

"Eh..." Orange Heart didn't like the idea of getting close and getting hit by the tongue again, but she didn't same to have much of a choice. "Uzume can do that..." she said as she dematerialized her weapon.

"Kyuh, kyuh, kyuh, kyuh! I appreciate you not wanting to harm the little maiden, but if you think I'm going let you have my cutie pie, then you're sorely mistaken!" Trick replied. Then suddenly, his tongue lashed out extending towards the girls, and somehow sliding around Nepgear well enough that she remained in the same position, though she did cry out in discomfort from the weird feeling.

The girls jumped away from each other to dodge the tongue-tip smashing into the ground.

Orange Heart immediately flew in for a counter, striking at Trick's mouth and the base of his tongue (while screaming inside), hoping to make his grip on Nepgear loosen. Unfortunately, Trick's armor was tough, even for Orange Heart's immense strength, so that didn't happen, and Trick swung to the side, knocking Orange Heart away with his tongue.