Jonathan's Plan

-- message --

Short pov from Jonathan in his lab. Sorry for the really short chapter but I was writing something else. I'll save it for next chapter though ugh. This is when Caralyn has snuck out.

--Jonathan's P.O.V--

As soon as dinner was over, I walked down to my lab and locked the door behind me. I clicked the lights on and walked downstairs. I slipped off my jacket and tie so all I was wearing was my long sleeved shirt and black jeans. I flipped open my notebook and started working on a new formula. I took notes and fumbled around with the chemicals. I poured all the original formula into canisters and emergency bottles. I was trying to work on the formula I used on Allysen. It brung out four fears at once. I happily had no calls from him her in the past few days. I mixed the formula and poured it into a jar. It bubbled happily while I let it calm down. I crossed the room to pick up a few more canisters. I set them down on the table and poured the new toxin into a few of them. I didn't have time to secure them becausethen my phone rang from my jacket. It was Dr Long. I sighed and pressed the answer button.

"Hello," I growled in annoyance. I heard the shuffling of papers and a conversation between two people. I repeated myself before listening to their conversation intently.

"What about Dr Crane and Dr Quinzel? Surely, they can't be trusted with these... These people!" yelled a woman's voice. Dr Young. She never trusted us, can't say I blamed her. If I was in her shoes, I wouldn't have trusted me or Harley either. I kept listening to their conversation.

"Dr Young, they've been declared perfectly sane and healthy. Dr Crane is back to himself and so is Dr Quinzel. You're always so paranoid, you need to relax," reassured Dr Long. I had to stifle a huge laugh at how idiotically gullible he could be. I admit it, I admired Penny's suspicion. She just sighed and I heard a door slam. I immediately hung up the phone. I let out the giant laugh I was holding back. I went back to making my chemicals and wiped tears from my eyes. After a while, I heard something rise outside my giant window that stretched up into a skylight. I turned around to see no one else but Poison Ivy sitting on a giant tulip plant. I sighed and clicked open the window, it led to a balcony, by the way. She jumped off the plant which returned to normal, smiling. I rolled my eyes and closed the window again.

"What do you want, Ivy? Can't you see I'm busy?" I asked her. She stroked my canisters of toxin gently but I was still worried that she would knock them over. They weren't exactly fragile, but I hadn't put a secure lock on them yet.

"So I can see," she said in a velvety voice. She kept stroking the canisters, one almost fall and I instinctively took a step forward. She caught it just in time.

"Relax, Jonathan. You're so uptight," she laughed.

"So I've been told. Now, what do you want?" I asked her. She dragged her hand away from the canisters and closed her eyes, sighing.

"I was in my hideout, when I heard two people arguing. I recognised them as Joker and Harley. They've been at it again. I don't know how Alexandria is coping with this but we need to find out what they've been arguing about," she ventured. I crossed my arms and pouted. I thought of something. My plan.

"We'll get them talking. With me, being a psychiatrist and specialising in this, and you being an ex-ecobiologist, we can work this out. I'll get Harley talking at work and you, somehow, get Joker talking," I suggested. She looked at me with a quizzical look.

"Okay, what are you suggesting, here?" she questioned, confused. I explained how I would be a shoulder to cry on to Harley, a reassuring friend, which I usually was when Scarecrow wasn't in control of me, and - knowing Harley - she would let only small things slip before realising what she was doing. I would then spray her with fear toxin (Ivy got pretty shocked at that) but I would bring the antidote and forgetting chemicals with me. She calmed a little. I then explained how she, could use a few of her toxins, combined with mine to get Joker talking. She agreed with the plan, I unlatched the window for her.

"Oh, and by the way, Jonathan, be more careful with Caralyn. She could get a little restless with her new-found freedom," she said to me while bringing up a tulip plant. I was about to ask her what she meant but she was already gone. I let out a sigh of exasperation and puffed. I turned back to my chemicals. My hand accidentally slipped and one of the non-secure canisters filled with the new toxin fell. I fell over coughing, and a test tube smashed, luckily nothing was in it. I shielded myself as I returned to the scene of my wife being killed...