Lou cocked an eyebrow upwards before she clasped the bottle of Chanel. She wanted to utter a thank you, but she knew it wouldn't be enough. With a smug grin on her lips, she tiptoed to Debbie and pressed a kiss on her cheek.

"Thank you."

And with one last smile, a whole zoo swirling inside their stomachs, Lou waved a goodbye and Debbie drove away.

-----

Lou couldn't stay still. She wanted to drive to Debbie's place and wanted to get Danny, or mayhap, see them both. She wasn't used to being alone in the house. She had spent her whole day talking to Tammy, asking advice and when dinner came, Debbie called, telling her that Danny's okay. It was nice to hear her voice though. The sound of Debbie's voice resonating through the phone was calming. After what felt like an eternity for Lou, she turned the lights off her whole house, got a glass of champagne, played a movie on the television, and she sat there on the living room couch, trying to divert her focus away from Debbie and Danny.

Notting Hill was already playing and the glass of champagne was still full, yet Lou was not still, and not in any way serene. She looked at the phone on her hand, hoping for a call from Debbie, but there wasn't any. It was quarter to 10 in the evening, and if only her feet were stable and okay, she wouldn't be sitting there anymore. She should have been driving to Debbie's place already. Frustrated and lonely, she turned her phone on, and decided to order some chinese. Maybe, a whole bottle of champagne and some food would help her calm down. It wasn't that long though when something pulled over her garage. She slowly got up from the couch, draped a robe around her body and limped towards the television rack where her purse was situated. She winced. Her feet were still swelling and she silently groaned when her doorbell rang. It rang again and she muttered in her breath, this delivery man couldn't wait. She walked slowly and very carefully towards her door, but when she opened it, it was not what she expected. Debbie was standing outside with a very sleepy yet awake Danny clinging to her like a koala.

"She won't sleep." A wave of sadness was apparent on the brunette, "She wanted to sleep in her own room." Debbie spoke, looking apologetically at her.

Lou abruptly opened the door wider. Despite the shock, she still smiled at Debbie before she guided her towards Danny's room upstairs.

"She told you she won't sleep?" Lou asked, trudging up the stairs with Debbie following behind her.

"Yeah." Debbie mumbled, pressing a soft kiss on Danny's head.

They reached Danny's room and Debbie carefully laid her down. Lou smiled seeing Danny curling up like a little ball on her bed. She then sat carefully and pressed a kiss on Danny's hand.

"I'm sorry it didn't work out." Lou apologized, looking up at Debbie who was standing beside her.

"Nah. She wasn't used to going out. It's very understandable."

Lou smiled, "I'll tuck her in and make sure she sleeps tightly. But can you wait in the living room? I ordered some chinese." She looked at Debbie, "...we can munch on it later."

"Did you get some siomai and dumplings?"

"Of course."

"Got it covered, miss ma'am."

-----

When Lou made sure that Danny was already deep in her slumber, she limped her way down to the kitchen where she found Debbie placing the chinese that she ordered awhile ago. There was a tug in her heart seeing Debbie getting a plate as if she knew every corner of the kitchen. It was as if Debbie was still living there, still hers and still her wife - but sadly, she was not anymore.

"You always eat take outs on a plate." She commented, a small nostalgic smile escaping her lips as she walked towards the table.

"And you always eat it fresh from the box as if you don't have any plate." Debbie replied, not looking at her as she finished tucking all the food down on the table, "Let's ea-- did you change the bandage of your feet?"

Lou looked down at her feet. Oh goodness, how could she forget? But before she could even utter a word, Debbie already pulled her down to a chair. She watched as Debbie got a sheet of bandage, cottons and alcohol from the kitchen cabinet and she stayed silent - controlled breathing and her heart beating fast when Debbie pulled a chair in front of her, gently pulled her right foot up and placed it on her lap.

Lou cleared her throat when Debbie undressed her wound, "You don't have to do this, Debs. I can do it."

Debbie shot her a look, "You can, but you didn't do it."

"I simply forgot."

"You always forget, Lou." Debbie muttered sympathetically, before she continued to clean the wound.

Lou was silent. It hit her badly. She bit her lip and stayed still. Watching Debbie changing her bandage and having her that close was a bittersweet pleasure. Her heart knocking up her ribcage and slowly wanting to get out was the constant annoyance Lou had to endure while Debbie did her thing. Debbie's hands were gentle - so gentle that she forgot how bad her cuts were. Lou flinched when Debbie started dabbing the cottonball of alcohol to her wounds and when she sensed the involuntary reaction from Lou, Debbie bent down and blew air to Lou's foot. The gesture was sweet and Lou's heart stopped.

"Brave girl. You didn't cry." Debbie cracked a joke as she finished Lou's other foot.

The blonde rolled her eyes, but she could not hide the beaming smile on her lips. She watched as Debbie pulled her chair back towards the table, sat down and started eating.

"Thanks." She uttered and grabbed a box of fried rice, "Anyway, don't drive back home. You can sleep in my room. I'll sleep on the couch."

Debbie stopped midway, "You can't do that. Your feet..."

"The night is heavy already. You can't drive back home." Lou took a spoonful of the fried rice before she hissed again, "And besides, you can't do that." She added, mimicking Debbie's voice before she laughed softly.

"Hey! I don't sound that way!" Debbie looked at her, "You are a horrible impostor!"

Lou bit her lip to stop herself from laughing. It was nice and it felt like the time was rewinding them back to the way they were. Eating chinese late at night was one of their us time, and now - it felt like they're back again. Lou smiled before she reached Debbie's face and wiped the side of her lips with her thumb.

"You've always been a messy eater."

Debbie grinned, her cheeks turning into pinkish cranberries. She was stunned by Lou's act and clearly enjoying their little flirting party. She then put down the fork on her hand, leaned on the table and looked at Lou unabashedly.

"But I wasn't messy when I was eating you."

Lou's face turned red hearing Debbie's words. Debbie laughed and Lou groaned a childish Debbie!

***