Mate of the Sand Chapter 22

So I finally laid out her past, and this really has nothing to do with anything at all.  It's just a filler.  I dunno, I don't think I'm going to add anymore from their honeymoon.  For the simple reason that I have no idea what they'd do.

_______________________________

Our honeymoon is at a beach.

I don't exactly know where, I fell asleep on the way.

Anyway, this is a pretty secluded place, I'm suprized there's a house here.

Convenient, eh?

Anyway, a beach might not be much for most people, but this is my first time seeing one.

I've never been to any body of water, except for the oasis.

And when I was there, I didn't have much time to enjoy it.

I didn't want to get my water source dirty.

But here, Gaara and I have spent all day having fun in the water.

There is enough dry sand around that Gaara is safe, even in the water.

And he's happy, away from all the stress as Kazekage.

He laughs and splashes water at me, chasing and catching me when I run.

I mean, he doesn't laugh very much, because Gaara just doesn't, but he laughs.

That's enough to make me grin like an idiot.

We only have a week here, but I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

"Who are you, Kyatto-hana?"

I frown, he knows who I am.

"I know who you are, but how did you become this person?"

He's asking... about me?

"What do you mean?"

I know what he means...

"Before you came to Suna, what was your life?"

My eyes lower to the ground.

"My parents, they were servants of a very wealthy man. They were his favored sex slaves, you see, and he wanted someone who was the best of both. I was the tenth child, and he had chosen me. I was treated very well, no amount of luxury was spared on me. I was given only the best of everything, food, playthings, doctors, everything. I was constantly stuffed in beautiful kimonos and lovely dresses, with only the highest grade diamonds. Despite this, I never said much, never asked for anything. I was a cold child, true, no sympathy or feeling for another life. He displayed me whenever he had company over, like a china doll.

That changed when mother came. She was a warrior queen, leader of another clan. She killed everyone, at one of those parties. And then she saw me on the couch, looking at her calmly. She walked over to me, and she laughed. She could see my ears as well as anyone, she knew I was neko. Mother grabbed my arm, pulling me along, outside, in front of all the servants. She knew how to hurt before she killed you, and so she mocked them. She told them that she was going to take me with her, and then she killed them. My blood mother and father were shredded, intestines everywhere. I had seen nothing like it before, there was blood covering me. I remember placing my hand on my mother's heart, direct contact. I felt the last tremors before it failed, and then I stood up.

Mother trained me to be perfect, a daughter to be proud of. She taught me to be as I had been raised, but now I was submissive, or I would be punished. It took nearly a year before I learned how to keep her happy. I learned to dance, I could dance slowly, or I could dance like wind, wowing her guests with my acrobatics. I could play shogi better than she could. I could heal and cook, I learned that I have no worth, except for what others put upon me. She taught me to be a ninja, without at team, acting as all four. I could wield any weapon given to me.

Several years of this, and I was ready to become a jounin. I didn't like the pedestal I had been put upon. So everyone who congradulated me, I killed them. And I had everyone remaining trying to kill me. So I left. And I came here. And Temari took me to the hospital when two of the urchins I cared for found me dying on the street."