9-In which cooking goes wrong

Maddy entered the kitchen and was greeted by the smell of freshly baked bread and icing sugar. She inhaled deeply and sighed. She was going to like this job.
"Maddy, isn't it?" A jovial voice called from around the corner. Maddy wandered over and found the source of the voice, who was currently frying some bacon.

The boy was quite tall and muscular, but managed to maintain a sort of hugability. He smiled as Maddy walked forward to look at the frying pan and laughed as she grinned to herself. "I'm Siggy," he greeted, "Do you like bacon?" Maddy nodded in agreement and just as she was about to open her mouth to say something, there was a loud bang.

"Where's my bacon" a voice Maddy recognised as Nicks hollered. "Don't ya mean where's ya Siggy ya shank," Siggy called back. Nick bounded round into the cooking alcove with Newt in quick pursuit. "No," Newt grinned, "He means where's his bacon." Nick was already over the frying pan checking to see if the bacon was ready. He sighed exasperated and slumped on the wall opposite.

"Whilst these two lazy shanks, why don't ya try this recipe?" Siggy handed Maddy a sheet of paper. "Sure," she shrugged, going to find the ingredients whilst Nick hungrily eyed the bacon.

The recipe proclaimed 'Cupcakes.' She had no idea what they were but anything with the word cake in couldn't be that bad. She set about getting everything ready. The recipe asked for 'vanilla extract' which the kitchen didn't seem to have, so she chose tomatoes instead. Bad idea.
-One hour later-
The smell of burning wafted through the kitchen, mingling with the aroma of the bacon that had long ago been devoured. It wasn't nice. "What ya done to me cupcakes?" Siggy cried in distress. "Calm down Siggy darling, don't get your knickers in a twist." Maddy teased him back. "Well at least I can cook," Siggy jeered back. "Oh yeah? Well at least my face doesn't look like a frying pan. In fact we might as well call you frying pan. I mean look at you," Maddy giggled at him.

"If you can cook lets try ya cupcakes," Siggy challenged. "Alright then, Frypan," Maddy said, with extra emphasis on Frypan. It turned out that tomatoes in cupcakes are not a god idea. And burnt tomato cupcake area even worse. Bad enough, in fact, for Maddy to be sick outside the kitchen hut and have to go to bed early. "No more crazy dreams tonight, mad girl," Frypan called after her. "I'll try Frypan," she shouted back at him. If only she knew.

A/N OMG THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR 100+ READS THATS CRAZY WHAT!!! So yh you all the bestest. Also thanks for bearing with me, I get stressed quite easily. a lot. Anyway OMG Tysm *fangirls bc 110 is crazy* Sorry for this being so short but I'm rlly tired.
As always feel free to message me etc and please please give criticism.
-K