Chapter 10: what if...

What if Vryss decided to put the mission first and not save Avrigg when he had the change? What if Zarkon discovered her and her ability to block muscles? What would become of her then?

"I've spend my life being beaten, my mother never stopped it, my father wasn't home and my pretty sister always got everything she wanted with a simple snap of her fingers," Avrigg said as she coldly stared upon the man who called himself her father, "and you're standing before me, begging for what exactly?"
"For you, Avrigg, I am begging you to not go down this path," Vryss cried out, "I know what the witch had been doing to you."
"What you've been allowing the witch to do to me?" Avrigg asked as she quirked a brow, "and what has she been doing to me?"
"Torturing you, brainwashing you," Vryss said, "come with me, join the Blades. We could be heroes!"
"Heroes?" Avrigg scoffed, "never been a fan of heroes, they bore me so easily. I wanted to be a hero when I was a child, doesn't every child? But you see, father, why save a universe that has let you down so many times? Because people are good? They're not, they think they are but every person is rotten on the inside. Everybody does terrible things."
"And what you are about to do isn't a terrible thing?" Vryss asked, "do you hear yourself?"
"I do hear myself, I like the sound of myself," Avrigg said, "I don't like yours."
"This is the witch's doing!" Vryss cried out, "she's turning you into an evil person."
"She didn't turn me, she's revealed me," Avrigg said softly, "and everybody else simply created me."
"Avrigg, you are my daughter! I've been fighting for you for twenty two years!" Vryss shouted.
"And you've been failing for twenty two years," Avrigg sighed, "I've gotten bored of you already."
"No.. Please, Avrigg, this isn't you!" Vryss shouted.
"What do you know about me?" Avrigg asked, "you just said it yourself, you've been fighting for twenty two years."
Vryss' eyes widened and before he could speak again she slit his throat and watched the man who called himself her father bleed out on the floor. She sighed as she looked at the mess.
"Can somebody clean this up?" Avrigg shouted, "I have more important jobs to do."
Some Empire guards walked in and began to clean up for her, she walked out of the room and her eyes met with Haggar.
"You've done well," Haggar said.
"He's a Blade of Marmora," Avrigg said, "and he just told me who their best pilot was and where I can find her."
"Kill her," Haggar said, "Vrepit Sa."
"Vrepit Sa," Avrigg said and smirked as she prepared for departure.

"I'll be fine Ascha, stop babying me," a Galran woman with light hair shouted. That was the pilot whose name was Tallis.
"We have orders to stay on board, so we stay on board," the woman who she assumed was Ascha called.
"So stay on board," Tallis rolled her eyes, "I can't sit in that stink hole anymore, I've gotten sick of the sight of your face."
"Do not test me young one," Ascha shouted.
"You should always listen to your superiors, Tallis," Avrigg said softly.
"And you think you are my superior?" Tallis asked, "you have no idea who you're really dealing with girl."
"But I do, I happen to know your brothers," Avrigg said softly, "I work with your brother Khyk, he told me how he wishes you were dead. I'm so glad I get to make him happy today."
"You think you can kill me?" Tallis asked, "I don't know who you think you are but you can stick that spear up your own ass or I will help you do it."
"This spear?" Avrigg asked as she held it up and Tallis nodded. Avrigg threw the spear towards Tallis and it hit her through her stomach. Her eyes widened as she gagged in blood.
"How did you want to do that?" Avrigg asked, "you should have sticked to piloting, insulting isn't really your thing."
Avrigg pulled out the spear and cut her throat before moving onto Ascha, the senior Blade that she was on a mission with.
"Tallis!" Ascha shouted as she ran outside. Ascha seemed like a strict person but all that so called coldness on her face vanished when she saw Tallis dead on the ground, drowning in her own blood. Ascha's eyes widened as she looked at Avrigg.
"I've heard of you," she said with gritted teeth, "your father was so happy when he found you, and now look at you."
"I prefer looking at you much more," Avrigg said softly, "dead, like your little pilot over here."
"You're sick," Ascha shouted, "what did you do with Vryss?"
"You didn't hear?" Avrigg gasped, "I killed him after he told me all about your lovely rebel group."
"You killed your own father?" Ascha asked.
"I just told you I did, you seniors really need to get your ears checked," Avrigg sighed, "so, how do you want to die?"
"I'm not the one who dies today," Ascha said as she got her blade out and cut her right in her lip. Avrigg frowned as she touched the little cut.
"Pathetic," she whispered as she stabbed Ascha much easier then expected, "that was easy."