Chapter 5: two best friends

"You're doing it again," Avrigg smirked as she noticed how Shiro was staring at Adam.
"I don't know what you're talking about," Shiro blushed as he looked back down at his schoolwork.
It was seven months since she started at the Galaxy Garrison and for a long period of time Avrigg thought that she wouldn't make friends, she did chat with her roommate Hailey but that was because she was close with her brother for a while until she discovered that she wasn't into men at all. She actually got assigned to work with Shiro once and the two befriended right away, Avrigg had to admit that she envied her friend a little. He was the most popular guy in school, girls were crushing on him, they were too ditzy to know that Shiro's gay. Shiro was a natural, he surpassed levels with ease and was already breaking records, but despite that slight bit of envy that she had she noticed that he never let his popularity get to his head, he was humble, kind and generous. It had been obvious that Shiro had gotten a crush on the one boy who calls him by his first name, she remembered how shocked he looked when Adam called him Takashi. The fact that he did so effortlessly was probably the first reason that Shiro really got attracted to Adam, Avrigg was also friends with Adam and was slowly making the two closer to one another.
"Just ask him out," Avrigg said and she smirked.
"Easier said then done," Shiro scoffed as he doodled Adam's name on his notebook.
"You're always the one that gives the advice," Avrigg said as she tried to imitate his voice, "Avrigg, the best you can do is admit what's bothering you, it will help you in getting closure. Trust me."
"You sound nothing like me," Shiro scoffed and frowned as he saw Adam talking with Jeremy Tremblay, his engineer.
"Maybe not, but I simply quoted you," Avrigg shrugged, "just ask him out, what's the worst that could happen?"
"I could die," Shiro groaned and Avrigg chuckled much to Shiro's surprise, "what are you giggling about?"
"You, you're the most popular guy in the entire school," Avrigg explained, "boys and girls are crushing on you everywhere, everybody here wants you and everybody here praises you for all of your achievements and records, and you are scared to ask Adam out literally the only guy on the planet that calls you by your first name."
"That's not funny," Shiro scoffed.
"It kind of is," Avrigg chuckled, "now be cool."
"Hm," Shiro frowned looking up at his friend, "why?"
"Because Adam's coming over right now," Avrigg said as she watched Shiro's calm demeanor suddenly shift.
"Are you ready for our next level individual simulation classes?" Adam asked as he sat down besides Shiro.
"Sure," Avrigg answered, "I'm sure it will be quite challanging."
"You've already beat it with me, Ave," Shiro scoffed, "remember?"
"How'd you do that?" Adam asked confused, "she's not supposed to have done those yet."
"I snuck er in," Shiro shrugged much to Adam's displeasure.
"Yeah, that's why Fraynie has been so rude to me for the past month," Avrigg scoffed, "she saw us and thinks we were... doing things. That's why she went after Nathan, thought it would hurt me."
"But you two aren't?" Adam asked with a slight blush om his cheeks.
"No," they said in unison.
"In fact, Shiro's got his eye on a special someone," Avrigg said and Shiro's eyes widened.
"Do you now, Takashi?" Adam asked as he quirked a brow.
"I suppose," Shiro gritted his teeth as he shot Avrigg a frustrated look.
"Who is it?" Adam asked with persed lips as his eyes were fixated on Shiro, Avrigg noticed quickly that Adam was slightly jealous. She had known about the two having a crush on each other for a long time and it was time they'd admit it to one another.
"It's you," Shiro sighed as he looked up at Adam with puppy eyes, "you're the special someone."
Adam was taken aback by Shiro, it almost seemed as if he was waiting for Shiro to say he was joking. But Avrigg knew that Adam liked him, she was friends with the both of them and they had both admitted their feelings for one another to her otherwise she never would've exposed Shiro like that.
"You're pretty special to me too, Takashi," Adam said softly with a warm smile upon his face. Shiro sighed relieved as he touched Adam's hand slightly. It was then when the two noticed Avrigg's smirked and the fact they were in a cafetaria.
"We're gonna get some privacy," Adam said kindly.
"Yeah, you are," Avrigg smirked as her two friends walked off. She was so happy for them.