Chapter 6: the Blades of Marmora

To all the Moudol lovers; who's ready for this chapter? ;)

"You're changing," her father said and Avrigg frowned. He softly smiled as he sat down next to her.
"I've always felt different, ever since I was a child I always thought that something was wrong with me," Avrigg explained, "I looked different, I had black hair with a shade of purple, people actually believed that my mother was dyeing it that color, I also had lilac eyes which no docter could explain, many school docters tried of course my mother never told me that I had those colors because of my father.
And now I am truely changing into a Galra, like you, like the Blades and the other people that desire to murder the entire universe and for some strange reason I finally feel like I belong. Does that make sense?"
"I understand," her father said, "I always knew you'd be extraordinary, you are changing into the person you were always meant to be. You're becoming your true self."
"Am I totally abandoning my mother and sister? Now that I've joined the Blades?" Avrigg asked her father concerned and he frowned.
"I think you take after me," he smiled, "besides your wit, you've got your mother's wit."
"You should meet my sister, she's even worse," Avrigg scoffed, "I used to be jealous of her. She had it all, she was born absolutely gorgeous, had a best friend since birth and she's not afraid to stand up to people, she's loyal. But then, one day I learned that she looked up to me, that she wanted to be like me and it made me forget about my jealousy. I loved her but after that I loved her even more, because she didn't see me the way everybody else did, she loved me for me. So I kind of feel like I'm betraying her and my mother by not returning."
"You're doing it for them, you wish they never need to know about this war," her father said, "Well at least your sister, since I did tell your mother. You want to protect them, just like I left to protect you. In the end they'll understand."
"But I did betray my friends, I escaped and they are imprisoned by Zarkon," Avrigg said and clenched her jaw, "I have to save them."
"You will," her father said, "it might take a little time, but you'll save them."

"Ready for your training?" her father asked her.
Avrigg looked up and nodded slightly nervous, this was the first time she'd be among other Blades.
"Listen, Avrigg, I have to leave for my mission," her father explained, "but you'll be okay. Ascha here will take good care of you."
Avrigg looked up at the tall and stern looking Galran woman and Avrigg nodded quickly as her father walked away. Ascha had a lighter skin then Avrigg, and she had short and bright hair. She was also quite muscular for a woman, much more muscular then Avrigg was. She envied that.
"You're Avrigg?" Ascha asked with a cold voice and Avrigg nodded, "we will train for two pheebs and then you'll be send off to your missions. You'll be trained by me, Moudol and Osamende. I will be training you in the history and mentality of the Blades of Marmora, Moudol will be training you in combat and Osamende will be training you in all the frinches of the universe and further technology and languages. Any questions?"
"Am I the only one that's going to be trained?" Avrigg asked but received an angered look from Ascha. She had no idea if that was her natural expression or if she was really angry.
"No, you're not the only one," Ascha answered, "you, Tallis, Jikliv and Renzaz."
Avrigg nodded as she followed Ascha further into the Headquarters of the Blades.
"Moudol will train you first for three varga's, then you'll be with Osamende for four varga's and then with me for two varga's and that will continue for the next two pheebs," Ascha explained, "got it?"
"What's a varga? And what's a pheeb?" Avrigg asked confused.
"Osamende will teach you that, I have no time for this," Asha sighed as they walked into a big training area.
"Ascha, you look as radient as always," a small Galran girl said and she smirked.
"I am still your superior, Moudol," Ascha sneered, "I suggest you learn some respect before I take you off the next mission."
"My apologies," Moudol said as she bowed before Ascha and looked up at the woman with a smirk, "so what did you bring me this time?"
"This is Avrigg," Ascha said as she pointed at her, "Vryss' daughter."
"Vryss has a daughter?" Moudol laughed as she placed her hands on her hips, "holy quiznak."
"Very well," Ascha said as she quirked a brow, "good luck kid."
"Thank you," Avrigg said as the Galran woman walked out of the room and left her with Moudol and three others.
"Okay, so you four are stuck with each other for the next two pheebs," Moudol smirked, "I think we should start with a little introduction, I'll begin. My name is Moudol, I am born into a pure Galra lineage however I was born a girl and so my parents decided that I wasn't worth a quiznak, I became a professional assasin and after a long period of killing people I joined the Blades and now I kill for them. Next."
"I, uh, I am Renzaz," a tall and skinny Galran boy said, "I wasn't born into a pure Galra lineage and I am terrible at fighting or killing but I am very good at other stuff."
"Like what?" Moudol mocked, "crapping? So am I."
"What? No, like technology and stuff," Renzaz said slightly offended, "I happen to be extremely smart."
"Great," Moudol sighed, "I get to train 'extremely smart'. Next."
"I am Jikliv," a masculine Galran boy said, "and I like killing."
"Nice," Moudol said, "we're gonna be friends. What about you prissy girl?"
"My name is Tallis," the other female Galran said as she raised her eyebrows, "and I am not prissy, I joined the Blades because I believe the war should be stopped and I've passed the trials so I am not prissy."
"Okay, Prissy," Moudol rolled her eyes not even slightly amused, "I'll stop calling all of you nicknames until you prove your worth to me in these next two pheebs, onto the last Vryss' daughter. Now I am curious about you, which is why I saved you for last."
"I'm Avrigg," she said, "I come from earth."
"What's an earth?" Jikliv asked Avrigg.
"Earth is a planet that belongs to humans, it is still a very primitive planet and it's located somewhere in the milkyway," Renzaz answered.
"Thank you Smartypants," Moudol rolled her eyes, "Osamende will appreciate your knowledge, I however think you're bragging and only I am allowed to brag."
"So, are we going to train?" Tallis asked, "what are you even going to teach us, oh wise Moudol?"
"I like that, but I prefer almighty Moudol," Moudol said as she began to pace around the four, "I will be training you in combat, you will learn to be stealth and clever in battle. There is a difference between book smart and fighting smart, write that down Smartypants, I will teach you the ways the Galra fight and I will teach you the ways the Blades fight. I will teach you battle strageties and patterns. I will teach you how to kill your enemies and I will teach you how to defend the defenseless. Does that explain it all Prissy?"
"Yes," Tallis said with gritted teeth, Moudol smiled knowing how much she was annoying the girl.
"Let's begin your combat training," Moudol said with a smirk upn her face, "don't die please, I don't like cleaning up bodies."
"Pardon me?" Renzaz asked shocked, "we could die?"
"You're already dying Smartypants," Moudol rolled her eyes, "but yes, you could die."