Chapter 45

Paxton Clark

~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up to the sound of beeping and a bright light. I slowly open my eyes and look around me. I was in the hospital. I start to remember everything that happened and my heart starts to race.

Ivy.

I sit up in bed and I feel pain in my back. I groan in pain.

"Lay down." I hear William's voice.

I look over to my right and see him sitting there in the chair

"Where is she? Please." I question.

"Don't you dare say a word!" He yells.

"Why were you with her?! What were you thinking?!" He shouts.

"Please! Let me see her!" I yell.
"NO!"

I stare at him and feel my heartache.

I need to see her. Please.

Ivy.

I pull off the random tubes that were attached to me and get off the bed.

I limp towards the door and try to ignore the pain throughout my body.

"Paxton!" I hear William yell.

I walk out into the hallway and see James sitting in one of the chairs in front of a room.

I walked towards the room to see if she was in there. James looks up at me and stands up.

He walks up to me and punches me in the jaw.

I fall to the ground and groan.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU LISTEN?! I TOLD YOU ONE THING, TO STAY AWAY FROM HER BUT YOU DIDN'T LISTEN!" He yells.

I go to open my mouth to explain but he kicks me in the stomach and I yell.

"I warned you, Paxton." He says as he punches me.

I yell in pain as he continues to punch and kick me over and over again.

He grabs my shirt collar and pins me to the wall.

"Sir, please stop." A nurse begs him.

He looks at the nurse and then back at me.

He lets go of me and I fall to the ground.

"You're leaving Chicago. I don't want to see your face ever again, you're lucky she won't remember most of this." He warns me.

She won't remember me?

I watch as a bunch of men grab me and start to take me away. I look through the door of her room and see her there with an oxygen mask over her face and her eyes shut closed.

"Ivy." I mutter.

If only I didn't touch her...