Chapter 62

Paxton Clark

~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Ivy,

I'm pretty sure I just lost my only friend here. I said some terrible shit to him, you know how I act when I get mad. I say things I don't mean. But Ivy, he said things about you that weren't right. I had every right to say the things I said. I'm scared if he was right about the things he said, am I crazy for thinking you're alive? I know you are. I saw you. What if it wasn't actually you? But I saw those green eyes. I know it was. God, why is this so confusing? I'm sorry, Ivy. I miss you a lot.

-Paxton

I grab my tray of food and walk over to Victor's table hoping he'd let me sit with them. Once I walk up they all look up at me and glare.

"There's no place." Victor huffs.

"Victor I-"

"Go away, Paxton." Victor cuts me off.

I sigh before walking away, I find an empty table in the back of the cafeteria and sit down, I stare down at my food for a few minutes before throwing it away. The loud bell rings indicating all the prisoners to head back to their cells. I reach my cell and sit on my bed. I want Ivy to get me out of here so badly.

Ivy, Ivy, Ivy.

Ugh. Why am I like this?

I look over at Victor's cell and see him writing on paper while sitting on his bed.

"Are you writing to your folks?" I question.

"I'm not gonna write to dead people." He insults.

I take a deep breath and try to calm down.

"Look, I'm sorry, man. I was angry and didn't mean the things I said." I explain.

He looks up at me and glares.

"You did the same thing to Ivy the night she died, don't you think you should learn who to control your anger?" He snaps.

"She's not dead." I voice.

Victor groans.

"God, do you hear yourself? Why are you lying to yourself? SHE'S NOT COMING FOR YOU!" He yells.

"SHUT UP! I HATE YOU!" I shout back.

"HEY!" I hear a guard yell.

I look down the hall and see the guard looking at us.

"Both of you, shut up!" He snaps.

I look back at Victor who was glaring at me. I look away from him and lay down in my bed. I feel tears form in my eyes, She's gone.