Chapter 72

Paxton Clark

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Do you have all your stuff?" Ivy asks as she sticks her clothes into her backpack.

"Yeah." I answer as I zip up the backpack Ivy got me.

She pulls her leather jacket on and pulls her backpack over her shoulder.

"Ready, m'lady?" I ask her.

"One sec, I'm gonna use the bathroom." She tells me before she runs into the bathroom.

I sit on the bed and wait for her when I hear a faint buzzing sound, I turn my head and move my eyes to Ivy's phone that was laying on the bed. I reached over and grabbed it. I looked down at the screen and saw an unfamiliar name.

Alek

Who's Alek?

The ringing stops and a bunch of messages from this Alek person.

Alek: Where the hell are you?

Alek: Answer the phone.

Alek: Elenor's worried. I'm worried.

Alek: IVY!

Alek: ANSWER ME

Alek: I KNOW YOU CAN SEE THIS.

I frown at the messages. Ivy never told me about someone named Alek.

I hear the bathroom door open and Ivy walks out.

I looked up at Ivy who was staring at me.

"Who's Alek?" I ask her.

"One of my friends in L.A." She answers as she takes the phone from my hands.

"Oh ok." I say.

I ignore it and we walk out of the room.

We check out of the hotel and get into the car and drive to the airport. We got fake passports that Ivy's dad made a while back when we were on our mission.

We buy our tickets with Ivy's leftover money and board the flight to L.A.

Ivy fought me for the window seat so I had to give it to her.

"How much longer?" I complain.

"Paxton, it's only been an hour." Ivy tells me as she flips a page of her book.

Ivy rests her head on my shoulder while she continues to read. I sigh before resting my head on top of hers.

"Is Elenor a nice person?" I ask.

"Yeah." Ivy answers.

"And Lucas is her son?" I question.

"Yup."

I take one of Ivy's hands and interlock her fingers with mine before closing my eyes and falling asleep.
                                     ~~~~~~~~~
"Park there." Ivy tells me.
I do what she says and park in the parking lot of the empty gas station.
We landed a few hours ago, we might've stolen someone's car but that doesn't matter. It was pouring outside and the roads were almost flooded.
Ivy thought it was best that we wait till tomorrow morning to head to Eleanor's.
"You hungry?" I ask her.
"Not really." She replies as she stares out the window.
I stare at the scar near her eye.
I hurt her.
The car accident.
I did that to her.
"It wasn't your fault." She interrupts my thoughts like she knew exactly what I was thinking about.
"I was driving, Ivy." I remind her.
"I got into that car with you." She says.
"I told you to." I tell her.
"Stop blaming yourself, Paxton."
"No! I hurt you, Ivy! I brought you into that house, I made you get into that damn car! I'm an asshole! Your dad told me to stay away from you but I didn't listen! I almost got you killed!" I yell at her.
"I didn't die! Fuck my dad! He was barely in. my life half of the time! You loved me, Paxton! That's why you didn't listen! I loved you! That's why I got into that car with you! I hated you for leaving that stupid letter on my bed! So I forced myself to move on! I started killing more people every minute, I went to parties and slept with any guy who talked to me. I made sure to forget everything about you and I did. I forgot everything from the day I met you. When I saw my name on that lighter all those days and nights I spent with you came flooding back." She explains.
I stare at her and try to process everything she just said.
I grab her arm and pull her over the arm rest and onto my lap. She places her legs on either side of me and wraps her arms around my neck.
"I'm so sorry." I whisper.
She places her head against mine and closes her eyes.
"I need you to stop blaming yourself." She whispers against my lips.
I close the gap between us and kiss her passionately.
Our lips move in sync as she slowly pushes her hips against mine.
I groan against her mouth.
I slip my hand under her shirt and feel her bare skin against my fingers.
I lift her shirt over her head and throw it onto the passenger seat.
I pull away from her lips and stare down at her chest.
"Beautiful." I whispers before placing my lips against her neck.
I taste her soft skin against my lips.
I feel her hands move down my torso to the hem of my shirt before she pulls it off and throws it in the back.