Chapter 26

"This looks good." I say to Paxton as I hold up a nice tux.

"I don't even wanna go to this stupid ball." He complains.

"Well, we don't have a choice. We need to blend in." I explain to him as I look through all the tuxedos.

If we were gonna kill Gage we would have to go to one of those masquerade balls, he apparently hosted them every year. Of course, Paxton didn't want to wear fancy clothes, but he didn't really have a choice.

"We're going with this one." I announce to him, holding up a black tuxedo with a nice tie.

Paxton groans before taking it from my hand and going to checkout.

I followed him to the checkout where there was a long line.

"I'm gonna go to the store across from here, to look for a dress." I tell him.

"Alright, be careful." He tells me before placing a small kiss on my lips.

I walked across the mall and walked into a fancy store that was filled with giant dresses.

Do people actually wear these?

I looked at all the different colors, I wasn't sure what color I wanted. I just didn't want a really light color. I looked at a black dress, but it was way too revealing and very sparkly.

"Can I help you, ma'am?" I hear a voice say.

I turned around and saw a nice lady standing in front of me, she looked to be in her mid-30s, she was in a white shirt and black jeans.

"Hi, yeah uh I was trying to find a ball dress." I explain.

"Okay, do you have a specific color you'd like?" She asks.

"I just want a dark color." I tell her.

She looks me up and down and smiles.

"I think I have the perfect one for you." She says.

"Follow me." She adds.

I follow her through the different racks of dresses until she takes me all the way to the back of the store.

She walks up to a rack of dresses that has a mix of different colors, she starts looking through everyone until she pulls out a beautiful emerald green dress, it has small flower designs on the bottom of the dress.

"So?" She asks.

"It's beautiful." I tell her.

She smiles, proudly.

"Great, I'll have to get some measurements to make sure it's perfect for you." She says.

I nod.