Chapter 55

Ivy Moore

~~~~~~~~

I sat on the couch staring at all the newspapers that I had gathered, trying to find something about what happened to Paxton. I highlighted random stuff about people getting arrested or people getting killed but none of it had to do with Paxton.

I sigh and lean back against the couch.

I'm not getting anywhere. All of these made no sense. It's been a month since I've seen him, and I still couldn't find him anywhere.

I ran my hands through my hair out of frustration.

"Coffee?" I hear Elenors voice.

I turn to my right and see her standing at the end of the couch holding two cups of coffee.

I nodded and she walked over and took a seat next to me as she handed me one of the cups.

She looked down at the newspapers and frowned.

"Why'd you highlight all the stuff about people being arrested or killed?" She asked.

I didn't say anything for a moment. I couldn't tell her I was a killer or that Paxton and I killed people together.

"Uh, to see if he died." I sorta lied.

Elle nodded before taking a sip of her coffee.

"I love what you did with your hair by the way." Elle states, changing the subject.

"Thanks. I thought it was time for a change." I tell her.

She smiles at me before looking back at the newspapers.

"You'll find him Ivy. Trust me." She reassures.

"I hope so." I say before taking a sip of my coffee.

I sigh before placing my coffee mug on the table. I get up from the couch and grab all the newspaper off the table and crumble it in my hands before walking into the kitsch and stuffing all the papers down the trash can.

"I'm gonna go out for a bit." I announce to Elenor.

"Are you okay?" She questions.

"I'm fine. I just need some air." I tell her before grabbing my jacket and walking out.

I walk up the huge library stairs and open the front doors. I look around at all the different books and smile. I look through all the shelves of books and start grabbing a few to take back to Elenors and read. As I look through all of them, I stop once I see 'Pride and Prejudice' sitting there. I hold back my tears as I remember the time in the car where I layed with Paxton as he read me the book. The beating of his steady heart, his strong arms wrapped around me as I held him tight. His deep calming voice reading out loud the words in the book.

I lift my hand up to grab the book when another hand beats me, I quickly look to my right to see a tall brunette boy with blue eyes staring down at me, he was wearing a long brown jacket along with a black turtleneck underneath.

I quickly move my hand away from the book and look down at my feet.

"Sorry, you can have it." I tell him.

"No, it's fine. You were here first anyway." He says as he hands me the book.

I look up to meet his hazel eyes and see him smiling down at me.

"I really don't need it, I've already read it anyway." I say.

"Well, I've read it too." He admits.

I smile.

"I've read 6 times." I state.

He lets out a chuckle.

"I've read it 8 times." He announced.

I let out a small laugh.

"8 times?" I question.

"8 times." He confirmed as he smiled.

"You must really like romance books, huh?" I joke.

"Eh, I'm more of the action type kind of guy." He tells me.

We both let out small laughs.

"Here." He says handing me the book again.

This time instead of rejecting it, I take it from him.

"Thanks." I say as I place it on the small pile of books I was holding.

"I'm Alek." He states as he sticks his hand out for me to shake.

"Ivy." I tell him as I take his hand.

"Nice to meet you, Ivy." He says.

"Nice to meet you too, Alek." I reply.

"I'll see you around then, bookworm." He voiced before giving me a small wave and walking away.

I smile before looking down at all my books.

I decided that I had enough and made my way back to Elenors.