Flayed Magikarp

Your eyes flickered open and you smelt salt water. Why do I- Oh. We're in the ocean still, you think. You went to stand up, but stopped as you felt something on you. It was James's arm. Gently, you lifted his arm off you. You sat up and yawned.

"So, it looked like you had a good sleep," Jessie snickered.

"Wha-? H-Hey!" you splutter. Jessie simply smiled- or was it more of a smirk? You blush and turn away from her. It was lucky that no-one else was awake.

You and Jessie woke everyone up. You crawled over to James. "Hey," you whisper, "time to wake up."

"Mmphmfphmmph," James mumbled back. You giggle.

"You've gotta wake up. Or I'll steal your bottlecap collection."

"How you know 'bout that?" James muttered, half asleep.

"You were talking about it last night. But you have to get up now," you whisper, and was tempted to kiss him on the cheek, but you felt Jessie's gaze on you. Instead, you just patted him on the head. He seemed to like that, as a small smile spread on his face.

Jessie had woken up Ash and Misty, who were now stirring, which left Brock. Sighing, and giving Jessie a death stare, you crawled over to Brock and tapped him on the shoulder. He rolled over and opened his eyes. "My princess... why'd she leave me?" Brock said cluelessly.

"What in the world?" you mutter. Jessie snickered. "He's lost it this time."

"You're telling me," you reply, then turn back to Brock. "Get up or I'll whack you with a harisen."

[a/n: A harisen is the paper fan they use in anime to smack people.]

Brock got up. "My princess!" he mumbled randomly, and kissed you. You screamed through your lips being sealed tightly shut and pushed Brock off you. Jessie was cackling with laughter, one had on your shoulder and the other on her stomach. Ash had only seen what had happened at the last minute and his jaw dropped.

"What happened?" Misty and James asked eagerly, scooching over.

"Brock- he- Y/n- oh my God I can't," Jessie cackled, dying from laughter.

"BROCK'S A WEIRDO," you announce.

"Brock just woke up from a dream and kissed Y/n," Ash piped in.

"What?!" James spluttered.

"Excuse me?!" Misty gasped.

You still couldn't believe what had happened. Brock came to his senses and went to apologize to you- James slapped him. He gave him and angry glare. Brock stared at James, suddenly aware that he was staring at him. He had his arms folded, then went and sat on the opposite side of the raft. Jessie looked concerned for her partner, and sat next to him. They were soon in deep conversation. It made you smile, seeing those two so close to each other.

On the other side of the raft, Misty was scolding Brock. You heard a few phrases, including:

"You have to learn to not be a perverted idiot!"

"I'm younger than you and I'm not that stupid!"

And,

"If you're not careful I'll whack you with a harisen!"

[a/n: Harisen. The ultimate weapon.]

You were sitting with Meowth. "I'm getting so hungry," you moan.

"Same here," Meowth whined, "I wish we had some food."

"Does anyone have any food? Meowth and I are starving," you say.

"Nope," Jessie answered.

"Mm-mm," Misty replied, shaking her head. The rest of the responses were similar.

"WAIT!" Meowth shouted, "Jimmy, don't you have that flippin' ass fish with you?"

"MEOWTH!" Jessie gasped in surprise, "who taught you those words?"

"Someone on the St. Anne. What, is it bad?"

Jessie whispered to Meowth what it meant. He gave a squeal of surprise. "MEOWTH!"

"Well, to answer your question Meowth, yes, I do have the 'flippin' ass fish' with me," James said, trying not to laugh, "go, Magikarp!"

"Karp, karp."

"It's so lame," Brock whispered, but everyone heard him.

"Flayed karp sounds pretty good right now," Ash groaned.

"How about fried karp?" Brock asked, drooling.

"Fresh marinated karp," Jessie said eagerly.

"Karp flambé," Meowth suggested, "that's it! Dinner is now served!"

"Don't eat my Magikarp!" James protested, but Meowth took a big bite. Soon after he screamed, fangs throbbing.

"I wouldn't do that again if I was you. Check your Pokédex because Magikarp is just scales and bones," Misty huffed, arms folded.

"You good Meowth?" you ask. Meowth gave a sad moan in return. "I wish you'd told me that sooner, twerpette!"

"I can't believe you can't eat Magikarp!" James cried.

"See, I told you buying it was stupid!" Jessie snapped.

"What? That's not what I meant," James said, picking up Magikarp and giving it a hug, "I meant that I thought Magikarp was going to die. Even though Magikarp can't swim and can't be eaten, I still love it! Magikarp is my useless fish and no-one is going to eat it."

Everyone was silent. "That was the saddest thing!" you cry out. Magikarp began to flash white.

"What's happening?" James screamed, trying to keep hold of flailing Magikarp in his arms.

"Magikarp is evolving!" you yell. Magikarp kicked out of James's arms and into the water. You grabbed him by the shoulders and pulled him back as he tried to reach out for Magikarp.

A blinding flash.

A deafening roar.

And you knew you were done for.